Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2001 5:07:14 AM EDT
Anyone else have this problem?  Jeez.  I need a damn hydraulic press to load them into a mag off of a stripper clip.

Wolf + stripper clips = Bad news

I have 1500 rounds to unstrip now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I would bet it's due to being somewhat out of size spec. due to the laquer, and as well if my experiences with the 7.62x39 are any indication, the laquer also is "cut" by thew rails on the stripper, thus impeding motion.  But I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:15:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't usually have any problems. I have found that with old stippers it needs a little harder push but that is it. I load my Wolf on strippers all the time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm.  I've always had trouble loading 7.62x39 into my SKS.  I just assumed it was the gun.  I never thought about the ammo.  Wolf is all I've ever shot in it.  I guess I could spring for a box or 2 of S&B and try it out....

I find that you have to make sure you push down at the very back of the round, and when it gets stuck, just jiggle up and down as you push and it goes, if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
That's what happens when you try and mix a Russian round with an American Stripper...now that doesn't sound right at all.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I dunno.  I think after this batch of Wolf I got, I'm going back to American brass.

Wolf is wonderful plinking ammo though. ~Sigh~
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I ran across some plastic stripper clips and guide at a gun show a few years back. Works pretty good with Wolf. Haven't seen them since though. Sure wish I could find em again. Anyone else seen/heard of these??
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:08:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I used Remmington Dry Lube on my stripper clips and helped dramatically.

Dan
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ran across some plastic stripper clips and guide at a gun show a few years back. Works pretty good with Wolf. Haven't seen them since though. Sure wish I could find em again. Anyone else seen/heard of these??

Sounds like the Thermold Stripper clips from the Canadian Army Surplus.  Very rare to find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top