Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2001 4:22:51 PM EDT
how come all the mp5 clones have long barrels.  looks dumb.  could someone build an mp5 like you can an ar w/pre ban lower, etc?  those guns look awesome but who has 2-3k to spend on one..
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want one with a short barrel, then you'll have to get it registered as an SBR and pay $200 to the gubmint.

Also, HK's are not based on lowers like AR's.  They are simply based on receivers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You can legally turn a semi-auto HK94 into a short-barrelled MP5 look-alike by paying a $200 tax to the federales and registering it as a short-barrelled rifle.  However, it's still gonna cost you $3000-4000 for the HK94 alone, let alone the work and the tax.  If you're talking about can you build one yourself from scratch, knock yourself out if you're a master machinist.  Just don't forget to register it and pay your two hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
oh well, maybe i'll just get an airsoft or something.  all the stuff on gunbroker is way too much for me.  the only way i can afford an ar is cuz i built it piece by piece.  i just don't see what's so special that makes these guns run into the thousands.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If you ever get the chance to shoot one you will know. When I met the woman who is now my wife I found out that her uncle is a gun collector. He let me run 30 rds through his 94. THE NEXT DAY I sold my Banshee 4-wheeler and bought one. I used to shoot it all of the time, now I just save it for the special trips to the range. Like Ferris Bueller said "If you have the means I highly recommend it. It is so choice!"
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah, if you don't like the long barrel, take a look at the HK SP 89. civvy version of the PDW.
-chopperdave
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Where is a good place to find images of these 89's and 94's? Anybody have a good place to get info on various models? thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#9]
www.remtek.com-has reviews of all HK models and pictures of them. HK Pro is also great, I miss them! Anyone have any idea of when they will be back up on a regular basis?

-Chopperdave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top