Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2001 1:14:00 PM EDT
The "which firearm" for SHTF question has raged on for many years.

I've wrestled with it myself - .223 or .308????

Well, I think I have finally answered it.

If I have to "bug out" chances are my first few days are gonna be spent running and retreating. it may be DAYS before I can hook up with other patriots.

Survival and mobility are the main objectives. All else is talk for armchair soldiers.

Accordingly, I am taking the .223 M4gery. Light, easy to wield, max volume of firepower because of tha ability to carry more ammo.

IF I live that long, long enuf to hook up with other patriots, hopefully they will have access to the .308 battle rifles.

Granted, that sounds selfish, but unless SOMEONE survives, its not gonna matter whether a .223 or a .308 is lying by my corpse.

Besides, once we assemble, getting ahold of .308's will be relatively easy. Just go git 'em.

Have I missed something here????
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You know it won't put anything to rest?

But I will weigh in, urban, .223. And steal if I need anything better.

Rural, .308. If it is my wife & I .308 & .223.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Granted, that sounds selfish, but unless SOMEONE survives, its not gonna matter whether a .223 or a .308 is lying by my corpse.

It could matter.  What if I'm low on ammo, and come upon your corpse???  I'd hope you'd be carrying the same ammo just incase that could happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top