Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2001 1:05:05 PM EDT
Anyone have any tips or tricks to improving my shooting skills. I am trying to get my group size down. I usually shoot a HK40USP, or a 9 USP Compact.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What worked for me is I would practice holding my sight alignment and breath control while dry firing the pistol (USP.45).  I found that once I mastered trigger control, my groups improved considerably.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep your eyes open,see the muzzle flash,see the sight lift in recoil.Shoot alot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
For a bazillion tip, cruise the www.bullseyepistol.com website.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Use a 22 revolver.
Let someone else load it.
They have their choice of 6 live rounds or 6 fired cases to load in any order.
You will be better in 2 DAYS!
GUARANTEED!
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
In my experience you need a fairly long index (trigger) finger to properly operate the USP pistols, compared to some other full size guns.  People with short fingers have a problem getting enough purchase on the trigger and do tend to torque the gun a bit when pulling the trigger.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Use a 22 revolver.
Let someone else load it.
They have their choice of 6 live rounds or 6 fired cases to load in any order.
You will be better in 2 DAYS!
GUARANTEED!
cpermd

Yes! The "ball and dummy" drill. This can actually be done with any gun that you don't mind dry firing. You could even take your USP, have someone load the mag in and drop the slide. The mag either has a round in it or not. You'll be surprised at what movement the gun makes when you pull the trigger with no round in the chamber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top