Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2001 5:28:17 PM EDT
I love my Ruger Varquero.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
AR15.com Moderator of Reloading, General Discussion & Hunting Forum.
A great place to get answers to your reloading & hunting questions.
Or come and take a look at my web page at.
members.aol.com/dbrewer842/dbrewer842.html
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
What caliber is your Vaquero? Has it had an action job? You can be first, but don't be the first tease.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a .45 long colt, stock model with case harden blue. At 25 yards I can hit thumb tacs with it. I keep it in its Triple K Cheyenne Holster attached to the Wyoming Belt. Yes it is of the wild west leather fit and look for quick draw.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quit teasing. Is this a cast bullet gun? If I ever get another Ruger single action, I'll probably get Bowen to perform an action job. I had a Single Six SSM in .32 Magnum slicked up (not by Bowen) right after they first came out in '85. Really made it into an even better shooting gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot 250 gr. Laser Cast Bullets loaded at Sass requirements. However, the Ruger Frame can handle Max loads that makes it posable to achieve close too the same performance as a .44 mag.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
There's an RO at a range I frequent who carries a Ruger single six, I'm not sure if it's a Vaquero or not, but it is a .22.

The first time I spoke to him, he said he could hit a clay at the 100 yard mark with it in less than twelve shots, free hand.

I thought "yeah, right".  He got it on the fifth shot.  Glad I didn't put any money on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top