Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 7:31:29 PM EDT
All kidding aside on this ...
I bought this little peashooter as a backup to my backup, but would still like to take it apart and give it a good cleaning.  Anyone know where to find this info-??? I have already done several web searches with no luck. It is a FIE E28.  

The bbl is fixed, and the slide looks like it comes off somehow.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
How about some ideas on where to find the info??
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If you pull the slide back [not shure how much] does the barrel rotate?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
whoops thats the colt and star.pull the slide back and try to lift the rear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The bbl doesn't move- the slide locks to the rear when you pull it back and up.  I still can't get the damn slide off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!  
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I know there is something simple that I am overlooking here.  Anyone care to point it out for me so I can go to sleep?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
did you try pulling it open just a fraction and up.Thats how a Jennings strips
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Here it goes again- let me try that, and I'll post again in a sec.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
NOPE!  no luck there...  We better find somebody from NASA to help with this one!  I sincerely appreciate your efforts to help me.  Thanks anyway ARMALITE-FAN, but this little bastard won't come apart.  
 Anyone else care to enlighten me?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
OK one last try.You got a big hammer?A big srew driver will work also.it will just take a little longer
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, my mother happens to have an FIE .25 cal pistol. To take the slide off, you have to pull it back as far as possible and lift up, if it doesn't lift, pull back farther. After it comes off, there will be a spring and a bolt slide out the front end ofit. Make sure the mag is out first though. And yes the barrels are fixed on it. If that doesn't work, tell me and I'll go get it to strip it again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
here goes nothing... let's see...
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#12]
No luck doing it that way...are you sure that I don't have to do anything else?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#13]
what a pain in the ass- I still can't get the little bastard off!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Do I have to take the grip panels off too?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey AR4Mikie- where did ya go?  Still awaiting some advice from anyone who knows how to take this damn thing apart.  
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I think you should give strong consideration to removing the magazine and grips, then hosing the living daylights out of it with Gunscrubber or similar.  Then a couple drops of lube and call it good.  Seriously, other than a feeling of satisfaction and victory over a stubborn device, what will be gained by stripping the thing as opposed to aerosol cleansing?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I would really like to know how the damn thing comes apart--- victory over a stubborn device is the prime objective here!!! HELP!!!  I'm pulling my fricken hair out over this one, and I don't have much hair as it is!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
i had one!!!! if i fired it as fast as i could the slide would just fly off.it would take only 4 rnds.took it back to the gun shop where i bought it an they gave me my money back....   go to a bookstore and look for a book  about dissassembling firearms,i am not sure of the title but i know they carry gun books at Barnes and noble and Borders Books...good luck...dave
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I used to have a 22LR jennings that would go auto every 3rd or 4th mag....to strip it you had to pull the slide back then use a pen or a nail and push up(I think I cant remember)on the ass end of the striker while lifting the back of the slide this lifted the notch on the striker that hocked on to the frame and held the slide on.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Just a guess, but having the safety either off or on may have something to do with it.  If you haven’t done so already, try to disassemble it both ways.  Also, if the safety will go in any other directions – you might try that.  

My suspicion is that the safety, some other lever, something you can depress, or a removable pin, is preventing the slide from being pulled far enough to the rear to be lifted up.  I’d look to see what the slide butts up against when pulled to the rear.

Obviously I’m just guessing!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok, sorry I've been busy. Ok, what I do is remove the mag, put the safety off, and just pull back until it is able to come up and off. It really isn't that hard. If that doesn't work still, let me know and I'll take hers apart again. I've never had the grips off of the gun.

AR4Mikie
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey AR4Mikie-
 Man, I tried doing it like you said, and I'm a 200 lb Marine, so I know I'm doing it 'hard' enough.  But, alas, no luck so far.  
It is an FIE Model E28 .25cal.  I would really like to get this thing apart- it is now a personal vendetta to get this f@cker taken apart!!!

AT THIS POINT, I'M OPEN FOR ADVICE FROM ANYONE!
 [(I would post the anim of the guy bashing his head against the wall, if I could find one to post)]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey AR4Mikie-
 Man, I tried doing it like you said, and I'm a 200 lb Marine, so I know I'm doing it 'hard' enough.  But, alas, no luck so far.  
It is an FIE Model E28 .25cal.  I would really like to get this thing apart- it is now a personal vendetta to get this f@cker taken apart!!!

AT THIS POINT, I'M OPEN FOR ADVICE FROM ANYONE!
 [(I would post the anim of the guy bashing his head against the wall, if I could find one to post)]

read my above post try to push up on the firing striker/pin or if there is a movable part...IE rack the slide w/slide in rear position turn the gun upsidedown look to see if there is a pin or a part that can be pushed up(or forward) to let the rest of the slide move up and out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I hope I’m not insulting anybody – and I might be wrong anyway – but am I correct in assuming it’s the rear part of the slide that lifts up and then the whole thing goes forward and off?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I believe so, but then again, I still can't take this mothersucking thing apart!  

To illustrate my frustrations:
GUNS I CAN FIELD STRIP:  Ruger 10/22, MKII, AR15/M16, M-9 Beretta, all Glocks, most SIG's, all 1911's, winchester shotguns, mossberg shotguns, remington shotguns, SAW's, 240G, M-2 .50 cal, MK19, etc, etc....

GUNS I CANNOT FIELD STRIP:
 FIE E28

I'm going to try that idea of removing the striker portion, as soon as I get home.  About 5pm EST, I will post an update.  Pray for me!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I really can't tell you what's wrong then. I've looked over hers time and time again, and I just can't tell you what the deal is. I will look for a diagram to see how it's needed and I will post again. Later.

AR4Mikie
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I removed the firing pin retainer, and got the firing pin and firing pin spring out of there, but I still can't get the slide off.  The gun isn't exactly built like a Glock, so I am trying not to muscle it too much.  

I am officially sending out an SOS on this one!!!  What a GDFM!!!  

Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:54:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I've managed to piss myself off some more and waste even more time screwing around with this thing........I think I'm going to take the aerosol cleaning route until I get some sort of revelation.  
        Anyone know of any good sites for my problem?    
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Took a look at my Gun Digest disassembly book.  
There's a .380/.32 FIE Super Titan II (the instructions say that they apply to the FIE Titan E27 .25 ACP) - instructions say to remove the magazine, cock the hammer, turn manual safety on the frame up to on-safe.  Draw the slide all the way to the rear, lift it up off the rear, and ease the slide off toward the front.  The picture shows the guy using two fingers to draw the slide back, so doesn't look like you need too much muscle for it.  Not sure if the dimensions would be the same for your .25 (the picture illustrates the .32ACP), but it appears that the the you pull the slide back far enough that the start of the cutout on the top of the slide is roughly even with the ejector.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks a million chief, I will try this as soon as I get home.  I keep you posted.  
 GOD, please let this work this time...
I'm going to sell the damn thing as soon as I get it cleaned up a little more-  then I'm getting my wife a NAA .380 or a little Kahr 9mm for Christmas.  Santa's got a lot of work to do before he can turn a profit on this gun...

Thanks again for the help.    
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#31]
FINALLY!!!

My sincerest thanks to everyone who gave me advice- I accomplished the mission by removing the safety lever, and THEN pulling the slide up and to the rear.  

WHAT A RELIEF...      
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top