Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 6:44:44 PM EDT
I have an older Dan Wesson Model 744VH4
(Stainless .44 Magnum with 4 inch barrel and ventilated heavy shroud).
I have looked everywhere including Wesson Arms website(they make holsters but not for my gun as configured)and can't find one.
Anyone else own this gun and know of an alternate holster make i.e S&W,Taurus etc. that would this gun as well?
I know there are some custom shops that can do it but was hoping for an off the shelf fit for financial reasons.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Im using a Bianchi #5BHL,DW.44 for my 6" Dan Wesson heavy vent44mag.Its brown leather,very well made,hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Im using a Bianchi #5BHL,DW.44 for my 6" Dan Wesson heavy vent44mag.Its brown leather,very well made,hope this helps.

Thanks...I did consider that holster as it looks like it would be close.
My concern is the angle of DW's target hammer and being able to close the thumb snap securely.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Personaly i have no problems,but i dont use it much,just for fun shooting.The thumb snap holds together fine,snaps securly,its well wore in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the first DW .44 I saw.  Beautiful gun.  At that time there were NO holsters available for it.  I went down to Tandy Leather store and bought some heavy (8-9)leather to make a pair of holsters; 4" and 8".  That was somewhere around 20 years ago and the leather is still square!  It is possible to make your own holster.  Some day I'll prove it to myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top