Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 2:49:30 PM EDT
I just got one.

Anyone have any tips for mod's that would improve it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
webarmory.ixworld.com/faqs/faqs.html

Haven't made it that far yet myself, also check Kurts Kustom Firearms on the industry doard. He does some cool stuff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just got one.

Anyone have any tips for mod's that would improve it?

The best mod I've seen out there is to sell it and buy a AR-15.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The best mod I've seen out there is to sell it and buy a AR-15.  

Already got 3
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sure.  The M17S' two weakest spots are the trigger and the original iron sights.  There are easy fixes for both.  First, do a little research, if you haven't done so already.
Search using M17S keyword in both GD, and the Industry Forums.
After that, I'll be glad to answer any questions that you might have, If I can.
I think that I've solved most, if not all, of the worst problems of the M17S, and I don't mind sharing.

WELL GOOD GOD MAN! LET'S HEAR IT! GIVE IT UP!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have the specifics, but I think RAF's were the posts that I printed off as future fixes for mine.

Definitely can use additional cooling slots, a lower scope mount and improved charging handle.  I thought at one point about having my wife sew up a Nomex foregrip cover.  When I shoot mine in the winter, it doesn't bother me, but in the summer it gets hot damn fast.  

I tried a couple of sights on it (casual plinking)--a 6x Redfield (too big/ungainly), a BSA red dot (not bad) and a Reflex 2--the best of the batch.  My only dislike is that it sits too high on the factory scope rail and it's base.

Nice guns--fun to shoot.

AFARR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top