Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2001 12:37:35 PM EDT
wondering which is better, though i reckon d ar has way more variants and is more customisable.
But an ar and sig of similar prices? and can flashlights and lasers be added to d sig as easy as the ar?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't know.  In the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave," we're not allowed to have the SIG 552, because it doesn't have any sporting purposes.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell me some more about the Sig,I have not seen one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't the SIG use a gas piston design similar to the AK? I've heard that they are very reliable, but have no direct experience. Like many other fine weapons from around the world, it's too bad that they cannot be bought here in the US for their actual value, if at all.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
check it out at www.gunnery.net/sig551-news.html
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]
www.remtek.com/arms/ has some good info as well. I think www.sigarms.com even has info on it.

-I think the Sig is cool as heck, but I personally would take a m4 over it if I had to stake my life on it. If I was choising between an AR (not an selectfire, real, preban m4) and the sig (a preban, as they are the only ones we can have here) and they cost the same, as opposed to the 18k+ price diffrence that in actuallity exist, I'd take the Sig. It's a lot cooler, and more unique, however I do not fell it would be more reliable or in any way distinctly better than an AR counterpart.

-Justin
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
aragon,
Are you from Ireland? I thought private firearms were banned there? Just wondering.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
aragon,
Are you from Ireland? I thought private firearms were banned there? Just wondering.

Not if youre in the IRA !!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The Sig wins hands down!!! Better operating sistem (much like Kalashnikov), better materials, better magazine, better reliability with short barrels, same ergonomics. WAY more accuarate, the SIG-551's I've seen usually do 1MOA with ball ammo.

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The Sig551 16" Barrel. I'd give damn near anyhting for one of these in FA. We need to fix this country FAST!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
That rifle is beautiful!  I would have to go with the AR though.  Battle tested, tried and ture.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#11]
no its not illeagle to have firearms, any rifle up to .270 thats not full auto is legal, handguns are illeagle though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top