Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 4:37:07 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can find info on these rifles. It was imported by CAI and made by Norinco. I have a rifle in excellent condition, I just wanted to find a little history on the rifle. I tried the Norinco site (no luck). I also looked for CAI and well no luck there either. Anybody have an idea?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that Polytech and Norinco are different weapons.

I have a Polytech M14s. IMO, it's one of the best commercially available receivers. Forged.
The finish could be better.

Some of them have headspace problems and soft bolts. This can be remediedwww.smithenterprise.com/m14_rifle_service.htm#CHINESE BOLT CONVERSION , to make for a great shooter.

People will tell you many bad things about these weapons.  Much of this is stuff they've "heard", or read from vendors or other self-interested parties.

Pay between $500-$600.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:56:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto MM : Smith Enterprises is the place for all your M-14, M1 or military guns in general mods.

Ihave used them on both M1 & M-14 (Polytk) and they do fine work.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Avoid Fulton Armory's services (at least for your Chinese M14). They are great for parts, but will not adapt your rifle to accept USGI parts (and cost more, too). They custom work a USGI bolt to fit your receiver.
Smith works the receiver to accept the GI bolt.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you want to sell it?
I am a PolyTech M14 fan and will pay $500 for the receiver or gun.
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I rememeber correctly.  The polytech M14 receivers is a bit soft.  Needed to get retreated.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Rarely.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe I got one of the best Norinco M1A's, but after ten years and thousands of rounds no headspace problems and on some days it will outshoot my new Springfield Scout.

I really believe the problems were over emphasized bt Springfield and Chi-Com haters who didn't want America to realize the Chinese can make a good gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Smith Enterprises is where I am going to send it eventually to get the chinese upgrade done. Right now I have shot it several times and the headspacing is fine, we'll see? I'm definitely not interested in getting rid of it though, thanks anyway. No why get rid of it, I have a battle grade rifle for $500. Hell I plan to get a stainless barrel M1A someday, but for now the norinco will do:)
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hell I plan to get a stainless barrel M1A someday, but for now the norinco will do:)

Don't waste your money on an inferior receiver. Springfield Inc. couldn't possibly in their greatest wet dream hope to market a better receiver than a Poly Tech or Norinco for the same price or even a slightly higher but competitive price for that matter. You have the finest receiver available to the general public, If it's a match rifle you want then spend the money and build on it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:49:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Sukebe
SSHHHHHHH
cpermd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top