Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/3/2001 1:41:26 PM EDT
capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/bills/?bill=32419

This one is sponsered by Ron Paul of Texas and in effect would repeal the 1989 AW Ban, The Brady Bill, and the 1994 AW Ban.

capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/bills/?bill=26212

This one is sponsered by Robert Smith of New Hampshire and in effect would create Nation Reciprocity for Concealed Carry, including Vermont residents.

capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/bills/?bill=32416

This one is sponsered by Joel Hefley of Colorado and in effect would end the Brady Bill Tax, Ban NICS Registration, and Allow us to sue LE that keep NICS records. BTW, it has 11 Democrat co-sponsors.

capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/bills/?bill=26210

This one is sponsered by Bob Barr of Georgia and would in effect Ban Goverment lawsuits against Gun manufacturers

The rest can be found here:

capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#2]
... this should be "tacked" above some of the other stuff aging there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
RON PAUL for President!!

I love the guy! & he's a TEXAN!

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, he's one of the few that stays on our side. As I say that even Orrin Hatch and god forbid John Ashcroft have sponsered Anti-Gun legislation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The man with two first names for president!

No Slack!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:28:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Man i read over those and got goose bumps!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I also a agree with Winston Wolf this should be THUMB TACKED.

Let the battle start here . If you go the top link for Ron Paul's Bill you can email your congresscritter and tell them to support this.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe there is hope after all...
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:00:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Everone Email Ron Paul and ask for a bill to remove the 1986 Machine gun ban.  The one which put a static limit on the # of machine guns available to the public.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:20:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
... this should be "tacked" above some of the other stuff aging there.

Agreed. Where's a moderator?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:23:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Emailed my critter's in Washington, hope we can turn this thing around.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#12]

If you go the top link for Ron Paul's Bill you can email your congresscritter and tell them to support this.

No Slack!

DONE!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:42:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info and the links....
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Here is what I sent (in addition to the one to my Rep.)

You and your office have helped me personally regarding matters of Veteran's Affairs. I support and vote for you, as do large numbers of my family and friends.

We would like you to review House Bill # H.R.1762, and ask you to create similar legislation in the Senate. As all of our rights are being threatened under the current panic following the tragic Act of War committed on 11 September 2001, we ask that all of our Representatives remember their primary duties as outlined in the Constitution, and to remember that our Freedom has been paid for in blood countless times in the past.
As a U.S. Veteran, who is going back on active duty at the end of this month, I ask that you and your colleagues reverse the erosion of our God-given Rights that have been unconstitutionally eroded in the past. I am willing, as are all that I know, to pay for our Freedom and Liberties, for if they are legislated away, we have become, as stated by Ben Franklin in 1759 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  

Thank you for your time.

I know I got redundant redundant about the word "erosion"...
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This one is sponsered by Ron Paul of Texas and in effect would repeal the 1989 AW Ban, The Brady Bill, and the 1994 AW Ban.

YEAH!  God Bless Texas and Texans!    Did anyone else notice that it has a California co-sponsor?  Anyway, looking at the legislation Paul co-sponsors, I'm very proud he's a Texan.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YEAH!  God Bless Texas and Texans!    Did anyone else notice that it has a California co-sponsor?  Anyway, looking at the legislation Paul co-sponsors, I'm very proud he's a Texan.

God Bless Texas

A total of only 3 republicans, including Ron Paul, support this bill? That is pathetic. You would think that if the GOP really believes in RKBA they would be signing on in droves.

Is john mccain going to sponsor the senate version?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Boy, I don't think I missed anything during my AR15.com hiatus more than Imbroglio's positive energy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool ideas, but a still a pipe dream. When was the last time the federal government managed to put through a pro-gun agenda?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#19]
If enough people stood behind it, they would pass it.
All these guys really want is to get re-elected. They follow the talk. If we create enough, many will listen.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#20]
btt
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A total of only 3 republicans, including Ron Paul, support this bill? That is pathetic. You would think that if the GOP really believes in RKBA they would be signing on in droves.

See Imbroglio, that's why you get off your butt, pick up the phone, call your Representative and tell him/her to support it.

It's one of the easier ways to effect political change.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Cool ideas, but a still a pipe dream. When was the last time the federal government managed to put through a pro-gun agenda?

Well, considering the fact that it's been widely admitted that Gore lost because of his anti-gun stance, the fact that there are more first time gun buyers for protetection than any anti-gun organization is comfortable with, and the fact that all but one anti-gun organization are hurting for money, I think it's probably the best time in the last 20 years to get something like this done.

Remember, they were set to overturn the assault weapons ban right before the OKC bombing happened, and decided to drop it because endorsing anything that was even remotely connectable to "militias" was political suicide.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree this one should be "tacked". We all need to write our various elected officals.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#24]
geeez 500 mods on this forum and not one has read this post. i guess they are too busy decideing what topics need to be locked.

mike  
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Joe Barton is my boy...here is my letter to him

Good afternoon Sir,
As a local voter who was in the Florida district in
November to see the circus that our electoral process
has become, I will freely admit to disgust with my
elected officials of both parties. However recently I
found out that Ron Paul and yourself have been working
on the ONLY issue that I care about-gun control. I can
personally deal with almost any of the other BIG issues
currently in the national scene without a concern one way
or the other. But when someone tells me that I do not have
a right to defend myself or others, that is all I need to
hear to confirm my worst concerns about whether the current
political machine cares at all about me. I thank you for
your work and your time, and I hope these troubled times
find you well and maybe together we will turn back the
clock on the victimization of America.
God Bless Texas
Jeffery Scott Brown  
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Boy, I don't think I missed anything during my AR15.com hiatus more than Imbroglio's positive energy.

I'm not alone....
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#27]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sorry, but I can't help to feel disappointed that this is not either tacked or the hottest topic. These bills are one of the main things we are fighting for. I would please ask Goatboy to tack this up and for all of us to click on sites to send a e-mail to each one of ours congress men. There should be 14,500 some odd e-mails going to congressmen around the country.

No Slack!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#29]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#30]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#31]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I posted The firstbill (HR 1762) by the texas dude several months ago and noone cared.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Brouhaha-ette and I have written AND faxed our congressman.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#34]
btt
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Remember, they were set to overturn the assault weapons ban right before the OKC bombing happened, and decided to drop it because endorsing anything that was even remotely connectable to "militias" was political suicide.

God Bless Texas

GBT,

I do not doubt the validity of your claim above but could you provide a source or a cite for this info.

It is hard for me to conceive that the Feds would roll back any type of ban or prohibition. I would like to see verifiable proof.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#36]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#37]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#38]
like i said before, noone cared when i posted it
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks Striker

Sorry klink for not seeing this a couple of months ago. I think you had me put into the cooler for a few weeks .

No slack!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
RON PAUL for President!!

I love the guy! & he's a TEXAN!

I voted for Ron Paul for president! He was the Libertarian candidate on all ballots nationwide in the late "80s. I like him WAY better than H. Browne, even if he is a republicrat now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#42]
In the age of email and faxes, a phone call carrys a lot more weight then it used to.  A personal visit?  Oh boy now you're getting old school.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Tacked by a Canadian!

Thanks for tacking it up.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
GBT,

I do not doubt the validity of your claim above but could you provide a source or a cite for this info.

It is hard for me to conceive that the Feds would roll back any type of ban or prohibition. I would like to see verifiable proof.

Thanks

Maynard, let me dig up some links for you.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#45]
To the phones... Time to write to good ol' Randy "Duke" Cunnighnham (spellcheck).

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#46]
I finally checked into each of the laws repealed and amended by this bill. I noticed one not mentioned in the summary.

(a) Section 201 of title 11 of Public Law 90-618 is amended by striking `which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes,' and `which the owner intends to use solely for sporting purposes.'

Public Law 90-618 is the Gun Control Act of 1968. By striking the "Sporting Purposes" Distinction it takes the ability to ban shotguns away from the ATF. Now guess what law the ATF used to ban Striker-12, SPAS, USAS, etc... This would essentially end registration of these currently NFA guns. I wonder if the ATF'll destroy the records. Then again there's a pipe dream.

[Edited For Spelling]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#47]
thanks for the links, writing my representative in the district I vote in, and the district I currently live in while at school. At the end of this I copied the summaries from the links

I am writing to let you know that I support the following bills.
I hope that you will seriously consider voting for them when
they come up for vote, and if they go through any commitees you
may be on. I have read a lot about gun control, and truely believe
that guns are not the problem in America. Violent people, who have
no sense of personal responsibility, and no value for the lives
of other people are the ones to blame.
Thank you for your time.

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Ron Paul you make me want to move back to Texas so I can vote for you!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#49]
That's awesome. I just hope it makes some movement. It would be nice if I could go out and buy new fully equipped M4s and G36s in semi-auto only at the very least. Hell, if we were truly free, would could get them in full auto macked out with grenade launchers!

themao
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Not to rain on anyone's email parade here but emailing concresspeople is basically worthless.  Email used to get read and considered but since the explosion of the net to the great unwashed in the early 90's email is basically disregarded as a reliable method of discerning public opinion.

Granted there are a few notable exceptions but for the most part it still takes a LETTER or a PHONECALL to register an opinion with a Senator or Rep.  

if you care about this issue, then take the time to sit down, write a letter, then mail it to your rep.  Then call them and say the same thing.  If you REALLY want to hit home with them,  visit their offices.

Email makes you feel better,  but it won't really do us much good in the long run.

Crash.

Quoted:
Emailed my critter's in Washington, hope we can turn this thing around.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top