Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/24/2020 8:55:48 PM EDT
Can we make this a modular firearms thread! Firearms that can be quickly and easily changed in configuration to serve a different purpose. I have yet to see a picture thread dedicated to this subject and I love seeing setups like this. I don't care what firearm it is, if you have a modular/adaptable platform with a collection of parts, share it here! Feel free to share details of your setup. Thanks guys and enjoy the thread!

Below is my Bushmaster ACR.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
You're aware the AR-15 is the most modular firearms platform in the world?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're aware the AR-15 is the most modular firearms platform in the world?
View Quote
That depends on your interpretation of "Modular". In the context of this thread, modular doesn't mean "it has the most aftermarket accessories". Modular means it can be quickly and easily adapted with little to no tools. Considering the base AR platform needs a vice and tools for most jobs, it is not exactly modular in this context. With that said, there's nothing in the title of this thread that said "No AR's" or "AR's aren't modular". So if you have the desire to share your AR feel free.

Edit: I updated the original post for clarity on "Modular".
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love the MCX! What optic is that in the top picture?
View Quote

Sig’s Romeo 8, I actually really like the optic.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't realize they made XCR's with rails that long. That's awesome!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Competition" model.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"Competition" model.

View Quote
That makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#13]

SBR

Sandman S inbound.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#14]

That is gorgeous
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#16]
coolest post on the net.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

My x39 XCR
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Have you tried the Gen 2 Unimags?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Have you tried the Gen 2 Unimags?
View Quote
No. The D&H and ASC seem to work fine, although having mags I could share between my Grendel and X39 would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Old pic - I’ll get a new one

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Awesome collection man! I look forward to seeing an updated photo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#29]
The most modular firearm on the market:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
While I love the AR-15 and own many myself, that was not the intended meaning of "modular" with this thread. You could definitely argue the AR is modular. It has more parts availability than any other gun in existence. With that said this isn't about parts availability, this is about a weapons ability to quickly and easily swap parts. Other than upper and lower swaps nothing else on the AR is readily adaptable without the use of tools and in some cases a vice.

We all love and respect the AR or we wouldn't be on AR-15.com right now. Unfortunately when compared to the firearms shown above, the AR is the least modular of this thread.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
While I love the AR-15 and own many myself, that was not the intended meaning of "modular" with this thread. You could definitely argue the AR is modular. It has more parts availability than any other gun in existence. With that said this isn't about parts availability, this is about a weapons ability to quickly and easily swap parts. Other than upper and lower swaps nothing else on the AR is readily adaptable without the use of tools and in some cases a vice.

We all love and respect the AR or we wouldn't be on AR-15.com right now. Unfortunately when compared to the firearms shown above, the AR is the least modular of this thread.
View Quote

Given I can swap to multiple calibers and stocks w/o tools, how is the AR any less modular?  If you want a quick change bbl thread, say so and folks can post up their MGI uppers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Given I can swap to multiple calibers and stocks w/o tools, how is the AR any less modular?  If you want a quick change bbl thread, say so and folks can post up their MGI uppers.
View Quote
How quickly can you swap trigger and safety selectors? How quickly can you switch from a carbine length stock to a rifle length? And then to a PDW? How quickly can you swap to a different free float handguard without changing uppers? And can you do all those things with no tools?

You get my point. I respect the AR in its own degree. This thread wasn't created to bash AR's. We all love AR's. This thread was created to highlight those non-AR platforms that place on emphasis on modularity. Those platforms that can quickly swap parts without needed multiple serialized lowers to do so. Or without needing aftermarket QD barrel systems. I'm not hating on your AR man. It has a legacy of its own. With that said it's not on the same level of modularity straight from the factory and even with upgrades it struggles to compete in modularity with these modern platforms.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#33]
This thread is making me lust after an sbr acr again...
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  How quickly can you swap trigger and safety selectors? How quickly can you switch from a carbine length stock to a rifle length? And then to a PDW? How quickly can you swap to a different free float handguard without changing uppers? And can you do all those things with no tools?

You get my point. I respect the AR in its own degree. This thread wasn't created to bash AR's. We all love AR's. This thread was created to highlight those non-AR platforms that place on emphasis on modularity. Those platforms that can quickly swap parts without needed multiple serialized lowers to do so. Or without needing aftermarket QD barrel systems. I'm not hating on your AR man. It has a legacy of its own. With that said it's not on the same level of modularity straight from the factory and even with upgrades it struggles to compete in modularity with these modern platforms.
View Quote

Triggers, if using chassis triggers, just pop two pins, pull out the trigger.  The standard M4 stock adjusts from carbine length to rifle length - or I can have another $50 (pre-Biden price) lower set up w/ a PDW buffer & stock, and swap that out in, oh, 5 seconds.  I don't swap handguards btwn uppers - I just swap uppers.

Pick your favorite platform, apparently the ACR.  Add up what you've got in it, @ pre-panic prices.  Then add up what you'd need to get the same functionality in an AR - multiple lowers, multiple uppers, again, @ pre-panic prices.  Other than having multiple SNs for the same capability, the AR is not only modular, but less expensive - which is why the ACR isn't currently in production.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's a couple of my Bren's (11" and 8") - Modular, yes, just no "modular" parts from CZ yet...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Triggers, if using chassis triggers, just pop two pins, pull out the trigger.  The standard M4 stock adjusts from carbine length to rifle length - or I can have another $50 (pre-Biden price) lower set up w/ a PDW buffer & stock, and swap that out in, oh, 5 seconds.  I don't swap handguards btwn uppers - I just swap uppers.

Pick your favorite platform, apparently the ACR.  Add up what you've got in it, @ pre-panic prices.  Then add up what you'd need to get the same functionality in an AR - multiple lowers, multiple uppers, again, @ pre-panic prices.  Other than having multiple SNs for the same capability, the AR is not only modular, but less expensive - which is why the ACR isn't currently in production.
View Quote
I changed the title for you in case you were confused. This is a picture thread, not a debate thread. If you'd like an AR15 picture thread I can promise you there are plenty within this forum. I appreciate your understanding. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Here's a couple of my Bren's (11" and 8") - Modular, yes, just no "modular" parts from CZ yet...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/Bren11_jpg-1816630.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/BrenSBR_jpg-1816661.JPG
View Quote
Great looking rifles! How do you like the 11"?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:The most modular firearm on the market:
View Quote

Says the man that posts a pic of 4 firearms and 1 upper

Regardless, we’re just trying to enjoy the pics, not argue semantics.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:The most modular firearm on the market:

Shrug - no skin off my back.  I just grabbed what I had lying around the bedroom @ that moment.

This is the issue I have w/ OP's so-called modular firearms:

Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Shrug - no skin off my back.  I just grabbed what I had lying around the bedroom @ that moment.

This is the issue I have w/ OP's so-called modular firearms:

View Quote
Thanks again for your understanding.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/Bren11_jpg-1816630.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/BrenSBR_jpg-1816661.JPG

I like it. It's a good shooter. Not as good as my Virtus, but good

I ordered a Robinson Armament XCR-L 5.56, 11" barrel back in October and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival... I will probably get x39 conversion for it.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#42]
After looking at the bren thread and shooting the scar 17 I'm getting the itch for something in 556 different from my AR. I love the AR but it is more of a tool and I need something different.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Targets L to R: Originally zeroed 5.56, POI shift from switch to 7.62x39, RTZ back to 5.56:

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Targets L to R: Originally zeroed 5.56, POI shift from switch to 7.62x39, RTZ back to 5.56:
https://i.postimg.cc/PfCRC8Yr/5B0DD467-1438-4632-A534-681FA28CB612.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vTqvjmZq/0C41C202-0A76-4DDA-8FC7-A176FC7D4C65.jpg
View Quote

I've never had to re-zero my XCR after removing the barrel. Fantastic fit.

I wish I would have jumped on those folding charging handles when I had the chance. I wrapped thin-gauge aluminum wire around the shank on the charging handle knob to keep the handle from making noise when it pushes against something. That's my only gripe with the rifle, and I wish those L1A1-style handles were a factory option. My solution works fine, though, and I have no need for the forward assist feature.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wish I would have jumped on those folding charging handles when I had the chance. I wrapped thin-gauge aluminum wire around the shank on the charging handle knob to keep the handle from making noise when it pushes against something. That's my only gripe with the rifle, and I wish those L1A1-style handles were a factory option. My solution works fine, though, and I have no need for the forward assist feature.
View Quote

I had originally designed those for Mountain Man to make before I had my own machinery. Mountain Man said he's going to make some more over on the XCR forum.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I had originally designed those for Mountain Man to make before I had my own machinery. Mountain Man said he's going to make some more over on the XCR forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hasn't he been saying it for a while now?

DO you still have the designs hrrmmmmmm?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Stoner 63. Sadly I don’t own one.

These were marketed as modular.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I’ve posted these before.  Grendel and blackout

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
My MCX setup.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top