Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2002 6:48:30 AM EDT
Anyone have any good or bad opinions of these? Horror stories or good times?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as the Recon, I dunno.

But my M96 sits in my safe real nicely and seemed flawless the one time I shot it.

FWIW
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm also looking for dope or any info on RobinsonArmament 96.Anybody own one?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've talked to a couple owners.  All have said that they'd take a 96 into combat over an AR any day of the week.  Keep in mind these were all hardcore AR owners as well.  They seem to have more confidence in the system and its ability to operate in adverse conditions.  I've also personally witnessed the gun shoot 1.5" groups @100 yards with SA ammo.  So its definately a shooter!  However, for the price, I'd rather get one of those ZM guns.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#4]
i got to shoot david c's m-96 in the bern config at the brc.
i loved it and it fires very fast.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of the M96 Recon cabines a few
weeks ago. I added the short rail...I'M IN LOVE!

My preban Colt M4gery will spend more time in
the safe.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
 I really like the M.96 but have yet to buy one...being a "new" product I have waited to see what bugs they had and how they responded to their customer input.  I have been very impressed.  As the production has gone on the complaint thread have gotten smaller and smaller.  RA has pretty darn good customer service and they build a really nice product.  You SHOULD check one out for yourself before you buy it to make sure that it operates in a fashion that you like.  I have a lot of trouble manipulating the safety..though some do not.  Mr. Robinson almost sold me one at the SAR show in Phoenix this weekend despite the fact that I have trouble with the safety...alas I have spent my year's gun allowance already....but damn I really want one.  Well, this years IS almost over.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a 96 that I took through the Urban Rifle Course at Thunder Ranch.  Functioning was flawless and I only had two complaints:

1.  It is too heavy for the cartridge and I kept wishing I had a lighter AR carbine.

2.  No fence around the mag release button.  This is a flaw that showed up on the Thunderville course when I had to crawl through an obstacle.  Partial ejection of the mag means a single shot weapon.

My buddy bought it when I came back and put about 2000K more through it.  Had mucho problems keeping the barrel in the gun at that stage.  It would auto eject!

I would certainly not buy another.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I am interested in one as well, and like you guys I want to hear some feedback. Tex-ar-fan did your buddy get the problem resolved or what? Having a slab side SP1 carbine the lack of a mag fence is something know of. I havnt craweled thru the dirt with it though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#10]
This is the M96 as tattoo shot at the BRC -

I also have the rifle and recon carbine kits.

It's an expensive firearm; if you're looking for value for your dollar it might not be the best choice.

But it is certainly unique and an ejoyable goun to shoot and own.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
here is a pic of mine

this is a great rifle and has been my go to gun over my AR's for years. lots of fun to shoot. the only problem ive had is the screw that holds the mag release on came loose but was fixed with some loktite.it has been very dependable and accurate. my only complaints, its a tad heavier than my AR's and not quite as easy to clean. i would highly recomend the M96.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
here is a pic of mine
album.gunsnet.net/data/leadpoisonr/full_424_p3682.jpg
this is a great rifle and has been my go to gun over my AR's for years. lots of fun to shoot. the only problem ive had is the screw that holds the mag release on came loose but was fixed with some loktite.it has been very dependable and accurate. my only complaints, its a tad heavier than my AR's and not quite as easy to clean. i would highly recomend the M96.

Sweet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top