Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 11:40:05 PM EDT
Whoa, when the fuck did Savage arms get into the AR market? I just checked their website thinking about a bolt action..and noticed they have several new "MSR" rifles. Including a MSR10 in you guessed it, .308Win and 6.5Creedmoor.

Anything out about these yet, this is sorta mind blowing to me, I didn't expect that at all! Very interested, they seem reasonably priced too. Need more information on these like STAT! Someone plug the internet into my brain already damn it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:22:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm waiting for the 6.5 CM hunter to hit the shelves. .22 plinkster did a review on the base model in 5.56 but other than that there's not a whole lot of useful information out there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I know the .308/6.5 variants use proprietary upper/lower dimensions, so the receiver and BCG are not compatible with other AR10 pattern products.  Also the monolithic rail interface is proprietary, so AR10 rail systems are also not compatible.

The only real good thing I can say about them is they have a 5R barrel.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks a lot like Aero Precisions proprietary system.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks a lot like Aero Precisions proprietary system.
View Quote
FWIW AIM's BCG's work with the M5 system.  I do know their upper will work on some other companies lowers but I cannot recall which ones.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone actually handled one of these? Savage says they have a good trigger...and they look like side chargers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Has anyone actually handled one of these? Savage says they have a good trigger...and they look like side chargers.
View Quote

The only side charger is the "long range" variant in 308 and 6.5cm. The shorter "hunter" variant in 308 and 6.5cm, and the two 5.56 variants, are not side chargers.

Word on the street is the big caliber variants will start hitting the shelves in April.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:32:10 AM EDT
[#7]
First Remington, then Mossberg then Ruger now Savage. WTF ?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:30:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a 556 Recon for my first AR.  It feels good in the hand, but I haven't shot it yet.  They did put a little extra flourishing on the lower around the mag well.  The BAD lever I got to try out and see if I liked doesn't work because of the extra material.  I'm not an expert on ARs, but the rest of it looks standard.  Rear flip up sight sucks something awful though.  First time I released the bolt the latch that holds it down broke and went flying off.  Seems like a hell of a rifle for the price, can't wait to see how it shoots.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
First Remington, then Mossberg then Ruger now Savage. WTF ?
View Quote
Brand recognition and brand loyalty help sell product.  Also, there's a parallel to this in the auto market.  At one time the big 3 auto makers only competed amongst themselves, then eventually the Japanese auto makers began to improve their product to the point US makers had to pay attention to the Japanese.  The MSR market has pretty steady since 2004.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top