Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Posted: 3/31/2016 6:08:43 PM EDT
Everything I've read about this firearm is a couple of years old, so given the time it has been out I wonder if there's any more feedback on it.
The more I see this rifle in SBR form the more I want it, what's the consensus for those that have had it or shot it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen the rifle version for sale yet, just the pistols. And since even those haven't been out that long, I doubt many have been converted to SBRs yet either.

From what I've read it's decent competition for the FN SCAR and Beretta ARX. Which is the best is another question.

AJ
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
All I see is the pistol version which is perfect, because I want to SBR it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All I see is the pistol version which is perfect, because I want to SBR it.
View Quote

That sounds like an awesome project. You should do it and let us know all the pitfalls.

AJ
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
MAC put out a good vid a month ago.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
MAC put out a good vid a month ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCaBI6QURGg

View Quote

Oh believe me I have watched every vid on the gun I could find, consensus in the vids are that it's one of the smoothest shooters out. I just really wanted someone to tell me first hand. I will probably buy one just because I'm impulsive like that and I've found it at a good price.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm holding out for a Bren 2. Might be waiting forever, but maybe I'll get lucky.

The Indians have a version of the Bren 2 in x39. I'd take one of those.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm holding out for a Bren 2. Might be waiting forever, but maybe I'll get lucky.

The Indians have a version of the Bren 2 in x39. I'd take one of those.
View Quote

I'm curious if we will ever see the "2".

While it does look better than the original (and in some ways is more user friendly), I can't help but wonder if the base reason for the "improvement" is cost driven. If that is the case, this expensive and smooth original just might be the "best of the breed".
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:44:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an 805 with the shockwave blade on it currently, I love that firearm! Very buttery smooth action and a blast to shoot! Mine has the 805 side rail panels plus 805 flash hider. Also Troy flip up battle sights with a Leupold Prismatic tactical optic. I may sbr it and add the 805 stock as well, but its super nice as is. Its another rifle that's built like a tank and very high quality.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:59:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an 805 with the shockwave blade on it currently, I love that firearm! Very buttery smooth action and a blast to shoot! Mine has the 805 side rail panels plus 805 flash hider. Also Troy flip up battle sights with a Leupold Prismatic tactical optic. I may sbr it and add the 805 stock as well, but its super nice as is. Its another rifle that's built like a tank and very high quality.
View Quote

That's exactly what I've been waiting to hear, I think I'll order it first thing in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I've been waiting to hear, I think I'll order it first thing in the morning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a great decision! My fav 5.56, now if they just repealed that 86 ban so I could scout me out a auto lower for it....
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's a great decision! My fav 5.56, now if they just repealed that 86 ban so I could scout me out a auto lower for it....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just ordered hopefully in will be at my FFL next week.
If they ever get rid of that ban I'm going to need A LOT of trigger packs and DIAS.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Ive been waiting. Just haven't had the funds and the will to pull the plug on the pistol version.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#13]
The 806 is a big improvement and fixes most of the drawbacks (not that there was a lot). Give me the 806 and I will be a buyer.

It's boooooootiful!

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish I could get an 806, but I don't think we'll see them for a few years. I'm SBRing the 805 so by time they come out I'll probably be buyer of the 806 also.

ETA: Rember when the 805 was first released, I had sticker shock looking at the $1982 msrp. It took awhile for the prices to come down, I picked mine up for $1394 delivered.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ETA: Rember when the 805 was first released, I had sticker shock looking at the $1982 msrp. It took awhile for the prices to come down, I picked mine up for $1394 delivered.
View Quote

Wow, has it already come down so much? 1400 is still a mighty price tag, though much more palatable than 2000.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#16]
One of my local shops (that is always overpriced) has one with a $1900+ price tag but it appears they can be had online for just over $1400.

CZ's website says that the the PS1 (SKU 91360) was "discontinued 2015, replaced with SKU 91361."

What's the difference between the two?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The 806 is a big improvement and fixes most of the drawbacks (not that there was a lot). Give me the 806 and I will be a buyer.

It's boooooootiful!

http://www.acr.army.cz/assets/informacni-servis/zpravodajstvi/1_2340.jpg
View Quote

Aesthetically I like the 805 better...but that's still interestingly cool.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Looking through pics on the net I ran across a Bren with a ACR stock, that might be the direction I'll take.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looking through pics on the net I ran across a Bren with a ACR stock, that might be the direction I'll take.
View Quote

I know which one you're talking about it and it looks great. The problem is, I don't believe they've actually made the adapter yet. It makes the most sense for Kinetic Development Group to make the adapter since they already have a quality ACR-type stock made. Hope it becomes a reality.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Its a great shooter, very smooth with low recoil. The trigger on mine is pretty good too. It's heavier than it needs to be, but not a huge deal. The fit and finish are top notch, and the plastic lower feels solid. KNS makes some parts for it. I pre-ordered mine through my LGS because they had a post-sample 805 A2 come in and let me play with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 3:21:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I've only found the pistol available. What is the time frame on the carbine and which version will it be?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 3:57:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Charging handle is in a lousy location, a la the FN SCAR.  Beretta's ARX features the best location for a reciprocating CH, being that it doesn't interfere with anything, to incl. the shooter's hands/fingers.

Otherwise it has some neat features.  The 805 spec design was originally designed for a poly upper, but the material selection was changed to Al without altering the upper dimensional specifications in consideration of this, hence, the rather heavy weight.  The 806 upper is designed specifically around the use of Al, so it's ~0.5 kg lighter, along with some improvements like the stock with molded cheek weld.  I suppose it's possible for an 806 to find its way State-side, considering the commercial Scorpion came to fruition.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Charging handle is in a lousy location, a la the FN SCAR.  Beretta's ARX features the best location for a reciprocating CH, being that it doesn't interfere with anything, to incl. the shooter's hands/fingers.

Otherwise it has some neat features.  The 805 spec design originally intended use a poly upper, but the material selection was changed to Al without altering the upper dimensional specifications in consideration of this, hence, the rather heavy weight.  The 806 upper is designed specifically around the use of Al, along with some improvements like the cheek weld molded in the stock.  I suppose it's possible for an 806 to find its way State-side, considering the commercial Scorpion came to fruition.
View Quote

I picked up a Beretta ARX last week also, I cant wait to compare the two. After I pick up the Bren I'll take a pic of it next to the ARX and Tavor.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#24]
What is the determining factor that makes the bren action so smooth? I saw macs review as well and he was all grins about the bren action.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've only found the pistol available. What is the time frame on the carbine and which version will it be?
View Quote

No one knows.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I picked up a Beretta ARX last week also, I cant wait to compare the two. After I pick up the Bren I'll take a pic of it next to the ARX and Tavor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Otherwise it has some neat features.  The 805 spec design originally intended use a poly upper, but the material selection was changed to Al without altering the upper dimensional specifications in consideration of this, hence, the rather heavy weight.  The 806 upper is designed specifically around the use of Al, along with some improvements like the cheek weld molded in the stock.  I suppose it's possible for an 806 to find its way State-side, considering the commercial Scorpion came to fruition.

Interdasting.

Quoted:
What is the determining factor that makes the bren action so smooth? I saw macs review as well and he was all grins about the bren action.

The action doesn't look particularly revolutionary from anything you may have seen before in other designs.  If anything, the OS design is status quo.  I'd WAG that CZ goes the extra on the mfg clearances & the fit/finish, such that the overall pkg is just a very smooth operating setup.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I cannot understand, in an industry that is largely driven by supply and demand, why the prices on these are still relatively high. Seems like they are in stock everywhere online for $1500+ but no one is buying. When will they drop? Or won't they...
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I cannot understand, in an industry that is largely driven by supply and demand, why the prices on these are still relatively high. Seems like they are in stock everywhere online for $1500+ but no one is buying. When will they drop? Or won't they...
View Quote

I payed $1394 shipped and insured, I don't know how low you think they're going to get. When you start buying other guns that are not on the AR platform the cost is going to be more, there's no getting around it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I payed $1394 shipped and insured, I don't know how low you think they're going to get. When you start buying other guns that are not on the AR platform the cost is going to be more, there's no getting around it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying it's too expensive, maybe it's worth every penny. Most things that don't sell well at a give price point, however, eventually come down. ARs make up a fifth of my collection so I'm fully aware of the costs of other rifles. I just find it odd that the Tavor and the Bren are in the same ballpark price-wise, and the Tavor has sold a ton more units (and is a rifle). The same can't be said for the Bren, atleast not yet. The 13-something you paid is much more appropriate than what most dealers are asking (1700+).
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm not saying it's too expensive, maybe it's worth every penny. Most things that don't sell well at a give price point, however, eventually come down. ARs make up a fifth of my collection so I'm fully aware of the costs of other rifles. I just find it odd that the Tavor and the Bren are in the same ballpark price-wise, and the Tavor has sold a ton more units (and is a rifle). The same can't be said for the Bren, atleast not yet. The 13-something you paid is much more appropriate than what most dealers are asking (1700+).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just have to search around, I bought it this past Friday morning.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Great shooting SBR. I almost clubbed my buddy over the head and ran off with his Like everyone else already says it has a very nice smooth recoil. He had the Bren magwell and mags as well and they ran great!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to share from where?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I requested a price match and they gave me $1380 cash price.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/97560/CZ-USA+CZ805+BREN+PS1+223+30RD
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Ok....awesome.  How is the SBR process on this...stock availability, 922r, gas selection?  Is the trigger good?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ok....awesome.  How is the SBR process on this...stock availability, 922r, gas selection?  Is the trigger good?
View Quote

I've emailed Kinetic Development Group asking them will they be making an adapter for the Bren to go with the ACR stock. I haven't received mine yet, but I hear the trigger isn't to bad. As soon as I pick mine up I can tell you about the SBR process, because I'm filing as soon as I get it back home. Finally as far as 922r is concerned CZ says they're concentrating on getting out the EVO kits right now because they're overwhelmed with request.
I'm pretty sure by time my stamp comes back the kit will be available.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#37]
CZ has started shipping the carbines.

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
CZ has started shipping the carbines.

http://i.imgur.com/xKtBvO1.png
View Quote

That last comment on the FB thread

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I looked up the average tempatures. It's a moderate climate in the Czech Republic. If there is a cooling issue then places with warmer climates will expose this issue. Just need to sit back and read the future postings.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I looked up the average tempatures. It's a moderate climate in the Czech Republic. If there is a cooling issue then places with warmer climates will expose this issue. Just need to sit back and read the future postings.
View Quote

Probably one of the reason the czech military is upgrading to the improved  bren 806
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Where does one "keep hearing about" the hand guard heating issues?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#42]
The 806 would be the one to have, and the one I will wait for.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is there word that we will get one?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll probably get one in 3-4 years. They're just now getting the carbine out, I'll have thousands of rounds of enjoyment before we even get a date on the 806.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We'll probably get one in 3-4 years. They're just now getting the carbine out, I'll have thousands of rounds of enjoyment before we even get a date on the 806.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.  Ive been thinking of another 556 to sbr.....and was die hard scar16. I have a 17 and figured a 16 would keep company.  Now im thinking i can save a lot of $$$ getting this....enough to almost buy its own can after.  Im just spoiled with the geissele trigger in my scar
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:48:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Definitely considering one of these, pre-41F...
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Same here, I've been looking around for another 556 project to sbr and I'm down to the Bren pistol, Bren carbine since it looks like they're shipping out now or the MCX pistol. The price for the Bren pistol has been very tempting. The only drawbacks I see, are trying to find an adapter for my suppressor mount and finding a stock for it.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Same here, I've been looking around for another 556 project to sbr and I'm down to the Bren pistol, Bren carbine since it looks like they're shipping out now or the MCX pistol. The price for the Bren pistol has been very tempting. The only drawbacks I see, are trying to find an adapter for my suppressor mount and finding a stock for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are 1/2x28....arent they?

Eta: yup, they are.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The pistol is threaded 14x1 left hand, the carbine version is 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not arguing....but CZ USA WEBSITE says 1/2x28.  Whats up with that?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top