Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2014 9:50:50 AM EDT
Does anyone have any input on the new batch of PPS-43C "pistols" in 9mm ? They feed from an unmodified 7.62x25 magazine. Since ammo has flip flopped in the last 24 month and now 9mm is cheaper and more available this has my interest more than the 7.62x25 did. Seems the main issue I read about is hammer follow, but this is fixable with shims. Any opinions or input ? -Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i want some information on this specific firearm too i want to purchase one when im 21
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I too have been looking to get one of the 9mm ones.  I have the 7.62x25 and my local dealer had told me about the 9mm versions about 8 months ago when they were still pending arrival.  I did not know they used the same mags unmodified.  I figured they would have some type of shim in them like the 9mm Tok pistols.

On a side note sportsmans guide has 3 packs of the mags for $27 if you are a member and $30 if not.  I caught them on a free ship weekend and had a $25 giftcard so I got 6 mags for $29.  Centerfire sells them cut down for $20 a pop so I decided to toy with one and see if I could do it.  I took a cut off saw and chopped it where I thought it would look good and then took the bottom half and bent the ears back flat and used it as a template on the upper part of the mag.  Then I took a dremel with a cut off wheel and did the needed trimming.  Then put the "ears" into a vise to start the bend and finished it with some standard plyers.  The spring does not need to be changed at all and simply acts like a half loaded mag to start with.  It ended up to hold 15 rounds and is pretty much inline with the grip.  When I showed it to a buddy he commented that it looked like a flamethrower.  I already had 4 mags so I was not worried about messing up.

From the mags I got from the guide they were all in like new condition.  4 had no serial numbers and had a small dimple in the mag near the base (purposely done), the other two had serial numbers stamped on the side edge and one of them was lined out and electropenciled with another serial.  I think they musta been early production and the other 4 were late.

centerfire also has them for $10 each if you buy 3 or more but shipping and credit card fees makes it less of a deal than the guide.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link to a 9mm model?

I've got a 7.62 model collecting dust.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link to a 9mm model?

I've got a 7.62 model collecting dust.
View Quote

http://www.classicfirearms.com/pol-pps-43c9mmcaliberw2-35rdmags

I got a three thousand rounds of 7.62x25 but that's got to last my TT-33 and CZ-52 the next 30 years. Seems the 9mm is the safe bet for long term and somewhat cheap and available ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top