Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2013 3:53:31 AM EDT
Looking into getting a Sig 938 for ccw.  Anyone have an opinion  on which model I should get? I like the equinox with the night sights, Do any of the other models have specific advantages or is it just window dressing?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the Extremes come with two mags, including the 7 round extended.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
My "Nightmare" has night sites, only came with one mag though
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much like Kimber: 2,431 different models differing solely in cosmetics.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the SAS model. Stainless slide with rounded edges.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:16:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought the Sport model with the overmolded rubber grips, fiber optic front sight and 6 & 7 round mags. I think the Sport is the cheapest model they make. The rosewood grip version looks great but after a few trips to the range I'm glad I went with the Sport grips, this gun has a lot of muzzle flip and there's not a lot to grab on to, even with the 7 round mag.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the SAS model. Stainless slide with rounded edges.

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/P238-SAS-detail-Hero.jpg
View Quote

This but I would want a gun like that to also be a pocket gun when I needed and I dont like the idea of cocked and locked in a pocket.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I ended up with the nightmare, all black with stainless/silver mag release/safety/slide stop.

Came with factory night sites, but only one 6 round flush fit mag. I was an early adopter, so the 7 rounder was actually in stock.

If I was going to get another, I'd look into the SAS model, the nice smooth finish is really slick.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the 938 Extreme, it came with night sights, 2 mags (1 six round) (1 seven) , it also has front slide serrations. It is an excellent pistol and runs everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top