Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2013 8:13:08 AM EDT
Anyone have any current info on this compamy? I sent them an email about a part which they said was in stock at that time and instantly ordered it. That was on aug 15th. They charged my credit card at that time and I have still not received the item. After a month I sent an inquiry thru email and was told that they wer on backorder when I placed the order, even though I was told otherwise. At that time they told me that the items were in stock and shipping. Now, over a month later and still haven't recieved the item, and he NEVER answers his phone or returns emails.......any experience with this guy? Input please.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/600709_DDLES_Update___Spoke_to_Jon.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Well... You're in for a wait.

"They" is Jon Beaudry, though he has a few employees/helpers etc.

His wife used to answer the phones and give empty promises and false timelines, but there is a divorce pending according to Pima county records.

He is also in some litigation with several companies since 2012. All of these things, though not things customers should have to care about at all, are impacting wait times severely. Other factors are surely also impacting wait times.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/600709_DDLES_Update___Spoke_to_Jon.html&page=46

Edit: link in second post too
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#3]
This the company with the badass looking 9mm AR lowers?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

It is indeed. Just got mine that I ordered beginning of February.

If in stock, totally worth it. But it seems that you may pay and never receive product.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If in stock, totally worth it. But it seems that you may pay and never receive product.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it like dealing with the ATF where they take your money up front or was it just back ordered and they just charged your card? Two distinct camps to be in... And with the scare winding down, 8month wait is the name of the game for specialty products

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Send an e-mail to cancel your order now, wait a couple of weeks to get a response(you won't), and when you don't get a response dispute the charge with your CC company.

DO NOT WAIT to try and cancel as it is much, much harder to dispute a charge after 90 days pass.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck making contact. I bought a DDLES 9mm lower through riflegear.com. My lower showed up without the ejector or roll pin. After several failed attempt to get ahold of anyone at DDLES I spoke to the people at riflegear.com and told them that they needed to make it right, since I ordered through them. Within 5 days the missing parts showed up. I still have never heard back from DDLES about any of the previous messages.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good luck making contact. I bought a DDLES 9mm lower through riflegear.com. My lower showed up without the ejector or roll pin. After several failed attempt to get ahold of anyone at DDLES I spoke to the people at riflegear.com and told them that they needed to make it right, since I ordered through them. Within 5 days the missing parts showed up. I still have never heard back from DDLES about any of the previous messages.
View Quote

This.  After looking into 9mm lowers and reading the 30 some odd page long thread over in the pistol caliber conversions AR thread, I decided it was a lot easier to just get a Hahn precision block for one of my AR lowers and go from there.  While it looks like DDLES makes a good product, the ass pain in getting one was more than I was willing to go through.  I'm glad I went the route I did, as I've had my stamp back for a few months and have been enjoying my 9mm AR SBR and, looking at the timelines in the the referenced thread, I'm pretty confident I'd just be sending my form one off about now...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is it like dealing with the ATF where they take your money up front or was it just back ordered and they just charged your card? Two distinct camps to be in... And with the scare winding down, 8month wait is the name of the game for specialty products

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Took dollars as soon as I placed the order. Had a 30 day promise on their website, if I remember right they said 'in stock'

Little to no communication from DDLES, any communication was usually the standard 'they'll be ready in 2 weeks' response.  

Some people have been waiting over a year for IN STOCK products.

I made out ok as I was in the process of a move, so time went by fairly quick. I was concerned at the end though, communication ceased altogether, for me as well as many others from that 46 page thread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I would suggest a different company such as lone wolf or someone other than DDLES? Since late Feb they still have my money and I have no lower even after Jon emailed me saying it was ready to ship almost 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont think those guys are crooks, but they cant keep up with the promises they have made.  

I bought a 9mm lower with trust engraving on it and got it right away.   This was a few years back.   Then the following year I bought a 556 lower with the same engraving and it took about four months to ship.  

The product was awesome each time, but I dont think I would buy from them again until they are caught up with every order.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
After hunting all day in the rain, and not finding any shootable deer yesterday, I decided to go home and put my lower together. I laid out all the parts and got ready to assemble. Tried to put in the magazine catch, it would not fit. So I decided to try one out of a different rifle, no go, the lower was too tight. So I went to the garage a shaved a little off the edge of the magazine catch with my grinder. Not a huge deal, but I am already kind of uneasy with this lower due to receiving it without the ejector assembled. I had taken my time on the grinder and was very careful not to butcher the magazine catch. I head back into the house and try the magazine catch in the lower again. It fits now and I am feeling like it may all work out.

So I proceed to assemble the rest of the parts from the LPK. Everything works fine until I get to the pistol grip screw hole. I am getting about 1/8th inch of grab and then the screw just stops. Being mindful that it could be an out of spec grip screw I try another, then another, no luck. So I decide that I need to make sure the hole was drilled deep enough and that there are no burrs on the threads. Both of these possible problems were quickly ruled out. So I take the grip screw out to the garage on take the grinder to it. I worked slow and evenly shaved down the threads a little. I went back in the house and started working the screw into and out of the out of spec hole. It took some time and I ended up having some aluminum shavings but I got the pistol grip attached. The grip has a slight gap at the front, just enough to slide a piece of printer paper through. But the grip is as tight as I can get it.

By this point, having to grind on 2 different in spec parts to fit my out of spec lower, I am fairly pissed. I perform a function test though and everything checks out. So I pin on the suppressed 9mm upper that was the sole purpose for buying the lower in the first place. I head out behind the house to test it and everything worked as it should, no issues, functioned flawlessly. But in good conscience I cannot recommend that anyone purchase one of these lowers. I realize that I could have, and possibly should have, contacted DDLES about the issues. But they still have not been in touch from when I contacted them weeks ago by phone and email. I made it all work, but this entire situation has soured my on the DDLES name. I will never buy another lower from them. The only product I could ever see myself buying from them again is an ejector should mine fail in the future.

Buy something else unless you have the time, tools and knowledge to fix this jigsaw puzzle of a lower.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#13]
On the bright side, I guess my lower is "Custom" now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:37:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
On the bright side, I guess my lower is "Custom" now.
View Quote

"neva been dun befo!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top