Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2013 10:11:22 AM EDT
For me, I can't shoot a DA revolver to save my life, my spread could almost be measured in feet ! I would love, LOVE to get a S&W model 29 with a 4inch barrel, its a piece of art, but can't spend the money on a gun I will probably suck at shooting! Anyone else have a gun they would love to be good at shooting?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I just wish ammo was cheaper/more available so I could shoot all my guns well.

Nice avatar, btw.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
HK 91/G3

Love the look, love the feel, hate the recoil and can't shoot it for shit
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For me, I can't shoot a DA revolver to save my life, my spread could almost be measured in feet ! I would love, LOVE to get a S&W model 29 with a 4inch barrel, its a piece of art, but can't spend the money on a gun I will probably suck at shooting! Anyone else have a gun they would love to be good at shooting?
View Quote

You can shoot them single action you know...
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock have thousands of rounds through a 17 I got 6 years ago and cannot shoot it worth a fuck. I keep it at my moms for a home defense weapon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, just kinda ruins the whole premise for me though

I have shot and shoot them just fine in Single Action, but if I can't use the weapon in all the ways it was made to be use I'm pretty sure it would just drive me nuts!
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont shoot my AR as well as would like. I have good "Combat accuracy" in that i usually make good effective hits on torso sized targets out to 200 yds or so, but I would like to tighten up my groups some
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get some good coaching.  most likely you are doing something wrong, and you don't know it.  An experienced coach will pick up on such things.
View Quote

I've had tons, I have some .mil disability in my hands and it seems to really make itself apparent with longer triggers, does the same thing with the LEM trigger on an HK, up close I'm dandy, at 15yards my groups open up something fierce. I can shoot Glocks, 1911's, Berretta's, CZ's, Ruger SR's and BHP's without an issue, but anything thats Double Action or has a long pull I'm SOL!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#9]
see sig:    wheel guns are zen

Noun1.Zen - school of Mahayana Buddhism asserting that enlightenment can come through meditation and intuition rather than faith; China and Japan

Synonyms: Zen Buddhism
2.Zen - a Buddhist doctrine that enlightenment can be attained through direct intuitive insight

3.Zen - street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
Synonyms: back breaker, battery-acid, Elvis, loony toons, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, window pane, acid, superman, pane, dose, dot

learning to master a DA revolver is a form of meditation get some snap caps and a model 15 or model 67Pull very slowly   through the trigger feel the weight. and resistance  as trigger stacks the springs you will find just where the break happens and habitually learn to stop there refine the aim and break the shit then once you can do that learn to so it in the draw stroke.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
see sig:    wheel guns are zen

Noun1.Zen - school of Mahayana Buddhism asserting that enlightenment can come through meditation and intuition rather than faith; China and Japan

2.Zen - a Buddhist doctrine that enlightenment can be attained through direct intuitive insight

3.Zen - street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
Synonyms: back breaker, battery-acid, Elvis, loony toons, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, window pane, acid, superman, pane, dose, dot

learning to master a DA revolver is a form of meditation get some snap caps and a model 15 or model 67Pull very slowly   through the trigger feel the weight. and resistance  as trigger stacks the springs you will find just where the break happens and habitually learn to stop there refine the aim and break the shit then once you can do that learn to so it in the draw stroke.
View Quote

Huh, I would've assumed it would require me standing in the flying crane position with a revolver balanced on my head watching Dirty Harry movies

Hell maybe I'll just get the .44 anyway, worst case the future Mrs. USNPJS is a damn crack shot with a revolver, but can't shot a 1911 to save her life for some innane reason.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish I were better with snubnose revolvers. Unfortunately, I don't really like the one I've got (S&W 442) enough to practice much with it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have shot and shoot them just fine in Single Action, but if I can't use the weapon in all the ways it was made to be use I'm pretty sure it would just drive me nuts!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Double action is for surpressive fire, single action is for precision fire.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:22:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My Romanian SAR2.

I've had it for probably a decade, and stashed away a few spam-cans of 5.45 N76 surplus ammo for it. I shot it for function a few times, and put it away. I just finally got around to getting "serious" with it this summer, I de-banned it with a threaded Romanian FSB, a US-made CNC Warrior 74-style brake, and put a PSOP scope on it, and to find it's shooting 5-6" at only 20 yards from a Caldwell rest. That's like 25MOA.

I haven't given up all hope yet, but I'm worried it's a dog.
View Quote

Make sure your not getting strikes inside the new brake you put on, also try shooting with irons first resting off of the magazine so your not pushing up on the barrel with the Caldwell rest.
I have seen a Polish Tantal do that and once taking to 100 yards it key holed very bad at that distance. It seems like the 5.45 is such a long projectile its shoots horrible in some barrels that are slightly out of spec. Its not the end of the world though if your handy with tools and rent a press or purchase cheap harbor freight press to replace your barrel.  That is a very nice Romanian and worth putting the effort into and it may....... push you over the edge of building AK's for fun
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#15]
G19.  I'm hoping its just the stock sights, but I can't hit shit with it.  One day I'll get around to replacing them with something better and find out one way or the other.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#16]
My Beretta 92FS, I have had that thing for 15 years and still cant shoot it for crap!
It shoots tight groups just not where I want them!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#17]
M14. They're beautiful, but I absolutely hate shooting them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
HK 91/G3

View Quote

Get a trigger job.  They have the worst triggers on any semi auto
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Pietta cattleman muzzle loader, love it dearly but I'll be damned if I can hit a target at 25 yards. Range doesn't allow for any shooting closer than that. But my pistol shooting options over here are limited.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HK 91/G3

This guy is a magician with HK/PTR triggers
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
G19.  I'm hoping its just the stock sights, but I can't hit shit with it.  One day I'll get around to replacing them with something better and find out one way or the other.
View Quote

lemme guess, about 6 to 12 inches to the left>
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About 4" low, which doesn't bother me.  Patterns like a shotgun beyond 5-7 yards, which bothers me quite a bit.  Beyond about 10 yards, paper plate size groups.  Stock sights are pretty bad and my eyesight isn't the best either, so that's why I'm holding out hope I can fix it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Glock G34, bought one new and took it with me every time i went to the range for a year and a half but never could put a shot where I wanted it, traded it in an an HK USP 9mm and on my first trip out I put all my shots in the 8 ring at 7 yards.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a Ruger P89DC that is horrid, you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside with it! LOL it shoots feet low of the aim point....
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#25]
My old FAL and Glocks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quite honestly, I think my AR shooting leaves a lot to be desired.  I am untrained, and could certainly use more trigger time, but other guns seem to be more forgiving.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Glock
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#28]
my polish p64.  it doesn't help that the rear sight thingie is a bit loose.  

figured it would always be used more as a BUG at close range, but even at a few yards I have trouble with it.  Kicks pretty hard too...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#29]
i'd like to be able to shoot a p238 as well as i shoot my .40 cal sp2022 or 1911.

same can be said for any compact or sub compact... in my case.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Thompson Contender.
Couldn't keep it on target from a rest at 15 yards.
Traded it for an S&W .41 Mag., and all was good again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#31]
For me, most .22 handguns. I was pretty poor with my Bersa Thunder 22 and now with my Colt/Walther 1911 Gold Cup, I am pretty average as well. The one time I shot a Kimber kit, I was decent though so maybe it is just the guns and me needing to practice more.

I also wish I could shoot my Mosins better, but I am not awful with them. They just aren't very pleasant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top