Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2013 4:59:33 PM EDT
I've seen the you tube videos.  But at nearly $2000, what is so special about this gun?
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing really, but there will be people lined up to buy them. I recall at SHOT when announced it was supposed to retail for less than $1500?
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm one of those lined up to buy one.

It's special because it's fully ambi, railed, multi-caliber, modular and has a side folding and telescoping stock standard.
Furthermore, the controls are more ergonomic and better placed than the AR15s.

Try building all the standard ARX features into a military grade AR ( and you can these days ) and you will spend over $2000.
But worse, you will have a pile of non-standard parts from 10 different sources.

Finally, the AR15 bolt head was designed for case head of the 5.56.
Because of this, the bolt life of an AR in 7.62X39 other calibers is much shorter.
Whereas the ARX bolt was designed with 7.62X39 and 6.8 SPC in mind.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's special because it's fully ambi, railed, multi-caliber, modular and has a side folding and telescoping stock standard.

Try building all the standard ARX features into a military grade AR ( and you can these days ) and you will spend over $2000.
But worse, you will have a pile of non-standard parts from 10 different sources.

Because of this, the bolt life of an AR in 7.62X39 other calibers is much shorter.

bingo
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Overall, compared to today's typical offerings, a rehash of a down-sized version of an advanced 1950's design --- Thank you, Eugene Morrison Stoner --- I consider the Beretta ARX100 a giant step forward, particularly, for 7.62x39mm-based extended-range caliber conversions!  And, yes, righties and lefties may apply!

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting in line and will GLADLY pay retail. Been saving for several months and the money is burning a hole in my pocket
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a useful answer.  Thank you.

bingo

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 6:04:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I have done almost zero research on them, but I'm looking forward to buying one.   After living through ten years of AWB misery, where very little new stuff came to market, I'm glad I can finally celebrate diversity again.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]
are there any pics, I don't know what rifle you guys are talking about?
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://www.berettausa.com/products/arx100-5-56-16bbl-30rd/
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The fully ambi thing and changing it in half a second is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I want one.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Any pre-orders out there?
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I personally really wanted one till I saw YouTube videos of people firing the arx 100 not
The arx 160. It seems there is a lot more recoil and muzzle climb in semi
Than the scar 16s and even ar15

So will wait to see reviews before I buy this one. I have a sinking feeling this will
Turn out to be a turd
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Stuff I would change:

- Allow the grip to be removable, or at least removed the finger notch.
- Integrate QD sling points (this is supposedly going to be an option).
- 2-speed gas block for suppressors (I don't know if the factory bbl. with integral "tricompensator" will be commercially available).
- Integrate a cheek riser, or at least add some kind of comb into the existing stock.

Still a good rifle.  I'd wait for the chrome-lined bbl versions.  Also heard rumors of a "heavy" ARX-200 in the works, but no firm information.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#16]
One of the features I really like being left handed, is how fast you can switch it over.  You just lock the bolt back on an empty mag, remove the mag, and just push the charging handle over to the other side.  That simple.

MadDog
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One of the features I really like being left handed, is how fast you can switch it over.  You just lock the bolt back on an empty mag, remove the mag, and just push the charging handle over to the other side.  That simple.

MadDog

I'm left handed too and this rifle is the first modern one that can be run by us without a handicap.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I've heard mixed reports as to whether it will function properly with Gen 1-2 Pmags. Anybody know?
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've heard mixed reports as to whether it will function properly with Gen 1-2 Pmags. Anybody know?

Citizen Soldier: Beretta ARX 100 Review (http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/citizen-soldier-beretta-arx-100-review/) --- ". . . The ARX arrives with one Italian-made 30-round STANAG magazine free of markings. These are steel mags with an anti-tilt follower. I tested Magpul Gen 1 and Gen 2 PMAGs, and both function reliably in the ARX. However, Gen 3 magazines have unique feed lips that tend to rub underneath the bolt carrier and can induce a failure-to-feed malfunction. I experienced two of them, while using Gen 3 PMAGs. I also evaluated thte ARX with EMAGs, which presented no problems. . . ."

Link Posted: 6/12/2013 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The AR15 bolt head is basically a scaled down version of the AR10 bolt head, which was designed for 7.62x51....

About that "rifle"; detachable iron sights (front and rear), short hand-guard and sight radius, inability to mount a bayonet, and just looks blocky and ugly.

No thanks!
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The AR15 bolt head is basically a scaled down version of the AR10 bolt head, which was designed for 7.62x51....

About that "rifle"; detachable iron sights (front and rear), short hand-guard and sight radius, inability to mount a bayonet, and just looks blocky and ugly.

No thanks!

I take it you're no fan of the XCR then.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

About that "rifle";........ and just looks blocky and ugly.

No thanks!

That's exactly my point.

The AR15 bolt head was scaled down to be optimized around the 5.56.
So when you try to use something with a bigger case head, it has a nasty habit of breaking frequently.

The AR's atrocious durability with the 7.62x39 is why the 6.8 SPC came about in an effort to try and get the failure rate down to an acceptable level.
While also maximizing lethality.
But still, no one pretends a 6.8 SPC AR will live as long as a 5.56 one.

As far as lack of style points.....I take it you don't own a AR15, Glock  or a 1911.

When I was a kid, before the wonder nines, the 1911 was referred to by the revolver fans as " old ugly " and " slab sides ".
The AR15 " Mattel poodle shooter " was loathed by the M14 boys.

Looks are highly subjective and trendy and therefore not a serious criteria for buying a lethal weapon.

Link Posted: 6/12/2013 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#23]
The 1911 has been around since the turn of the last century.  The AR has traditional style furniture, fixed iron sights, and the ability to mount a bayonet.

Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks!

I take it you're no fan of the XCR then.

That's correct.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#24]
No thanks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top