Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2012 6:53:01 PM EDT
for example...
FN SSCAR 16 & 17's are going like hot cakes for $4-5000+ on GB
FN FAL's & HK 91 pre-ban rifles are still going for the same price as always.

Seems like only the newer style rifles are going crazy in price.

thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
styr AUG syndrome

it is speculation that high end rare expensive rifles will go up %100+ and hold there while the.gov keeps their hands off them.

The scar17 is a nice rifle I love mine butI got it for $800 cash and a few trade ins.

Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I think advertisement

The SCARS are hot and featured in articles and games.

FAL and G3 clones are not

also anyone who has ever owned a G3 clone knows they are all really bad guns. Poor ergonomics, lots of recoil, very dirty shooting, poor sights, poor balance.

FAL is good but no where near as good as a SCAR 17s
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of FALs and G3s already floating around.  If a ban would go through there are far fewer SCARs, and other newer rifles that just recently hit the market.
So their worth will definitely shoot up more then the older rifles. Just like the AUG did.

If something should happen the new Tavors would probably worth the most. IMO
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The "quality" sruff the rare stuff the newer stuff is all going up because of demand. But the market for working mans AR's entry level stuff and stuff with questionable quality is only temporarily high, because the market is saturated with ARs and AKs...there is going to be a panic buying hangover just like their was last time and in a year or two or even sooner these rifles bought on the spur of the moment will hit the market once again at much lower prices, I'll bet. Unless you were a dedicated shooter or collector before, you will have buyers remorse later.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think advertisement

also anyone who has ever owned a G3 clone knows they are all really bad guns. Poor ergonomics, lots of recoil, very dirty shooting, poor sights, poor balance.

Funny, none of my G3 clones had poor ergonomics, lots of recoil, poor sights and poor balance. Also the "dirty" aspect is  the ammo not the gun. The HK design is tested around the world in every conceivable configuration with tremendous success.Seems your experience is with an apparently improperly headspaced clone shooting crap ammo, and you never trained on the design.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Demand.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think advertisement

Wut?  I own both FAL's and G3's and know not of what you type.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I think maybe the HK91's & FAL's already had a price jump.
Back in the 80's you could buy these rifles for $400-500 brand new.
After the 1987 import ban, then they went up to $1500+ back in the early 90's.
Then after the Clinton 1994 AWB, they went up to their current levels of $2500-ish.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think advertisement

Wut?  I own both FAL's and G3's and know not of what you type.

have you shot the g3?-the FAL I'll agree
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top