Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 7:49:50 AM EDT
I was just wondering how much similarity there is between the rear sight on a mosin 91/30 and on ak 47/74?

I think one of these would be cool on my mosin as a way to be a bit more accurate (I kinda suck with open sights) without any irreversible modifications.

So if anyone knows anyway to make something like this work, I would love to hear about it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#1]
the mosin rear site doesn't narrow down where the pin goes through, so you would need to make spacers to take up the slack on either side.  the pins look the same diameter.  the 91/30 rear sight is a lot longer so it wouldn't site correct without some modification to the rear sight base.  I don't have a m44 handy to compare it to.  i would think that you could get it dialed in pretty good with slight modifications to the Mosin rear sight base.  then the other question is....does the RD portion sit so low that it'll make contact with the front receiver ring of the Mosin?

advntrjnky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top