Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2012 11:54:34 AM EDT

M72 LAW launcher M190 35mm Sub-caliber adapter

Hopefully this is the right forum, its not an NFA device, and while not legally a firearm is somewhat related..... technically its an "emergency signaling device" according to the BATFE, and shoots a training rocket.

Amazing the sort of toys that you can play with when you grow up... :D

Here is FPSrussia shooting one

Anyway, its going to be  a fun project
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was little I was walking down the street an found a spent LAW sticking out if a trash can. I took it home and showed it to my dad. He told me what exactly it was and I used it when I played "Gi Joe".  I even took it to school on Halloween one year.  We used to shoot Roman candles out of it as kids.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there anything like this that will shoot 25mm flares?

Though I guess the trajectory offset would be too great.

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is there anything like this that will shoot 25mm flares?

Though I guess the trajectory offset would be too great.

You might be able to adapt it..... not sure how that would work exactly... but anything is do-able....
Link Posted: 12/1/2012 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
ok didnt watch video where do i get one... i have the m72
Link Posted: 12/1/2012 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ok didnt watch video where do i get one... i have the m72

Gunbroker.... all things come to gunbroker ;)
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Holy cow people pay that much for a m72 tube!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Holy cow people pay that much for a m72 tube!!

Yeah... not the most practical purchase I've ever made....

Still......  one of those things that kind of puts the cherry on top of a collection
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The trigger on the M72 makes it's own electrical charge, that's how the rocket is fired. The small kit that came with the M190 converts the rear part of the firing mechanism from a single shot to a reloadable system. The sub caliber rocket has a plug in connector that fits in a socket that's part of the adapter kit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think its electrical...... It seems like it's a primer in a block with a tube that runs from the primer down to the motor.

I could be wrong....

I'm working on verifying the legality of the rocket in CA... .once that is handled I'll do a writeup on how it works with a video etc.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#10]
You are correct. I was confusing the M72 with the Stinger. I have an empty tube and i took a look at the firing mechanism. The trigger releases a firing pin that hits a primer cap in the rear of the tube. The M72 tube is a one shot deal because without tools you can't get in and replace the firing primer. The kit you have allows you to replace the ignition source each time you load a new rocket.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the general price of this set up?  Did he say $500 per rocket?  Looks like fun,  but not that much fun...
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I paid around $400 for the setup (the price was actually reasonably good compared to market rate)

each rocket runs $250-500 depending on when/where you find them.... they are not easy to come by.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I paid around $400 for the setup (the price was actually reasonably good compared to market rate)

each rocket runs $250-500 depending on when/where you find them.... they are not easy to come by

Maybe ill just sell mine LOL thats too rich for one shot of fun

but def cool and i hope to see yours done and gtg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top