Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 8:01:33 PM EDT
LOOKING AT A REMINGTON 1911  G.I. ISSUE FROM 1942 . APPEARS TO BE IN VERRY GOOD CONDITION ANY IDEAS OF IT'S VALUE ?

I DO NOT HAVE ANY PICK'S OF THE SET UP BUT IT ALSO INCLUDES DATED MILITARY BELT AND HOLSTER WITH MAGIZINE POUCH
AND CANTEEN ATTACHED .  ANY IDEAS OF WHAT THE VALUE OF THIS WOULD BE ?

THANKS , SMITTY
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Somewhere between 1 and 2 with four digits.  Condition is everything, original finish is everything, matching numbers is everything.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The weapon appears to be in very good condition I would grade it at about 75% - 90%  . It does seem to have original finish and matching numbers
It appears to have low round count and almost no signs of wear on the slides and frame .
The belt ,magizine pouch and holster also show almost no wear .
Dont have the serial #'s to be able to check futher at this time .
The guy wants 2,000 for the package . I am thinking of offering him 1,500 and see what happens .
Just don't want insult him . hoping to meet somewhere in middle
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Paging Doc Brown.  How can the seller say it's a 1942 issued pistol when, according to the cite, RR made them from 1943-1945?  I'd ask for claification before I bought.

Best of luck.  I hope you get clarification, and a good bargain if you buy it.

Not legal advice, MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Unless it's dirt cheap ($400 or less) check the ordnance wheel on the back right of the pistol with a strong light. If the marking does not glow bright it's refinished.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
This is my 1944 Remington 1911A1, use it as a guide as what the other one should look like.

Accessories

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Talked to owner today and I missunderstood him as saying it was a 1942 He informed me it was in fact a1943 issue . and will get serial # for me to verify .
Looks exactly like picture which axl has posted . Also the Belt , Canteen , magizine pouch , and Medical kit is also still on the belt as in pic like axl's
all apear to be in original condition with some natural wear and age . very good condition

I greatly appriciate everyones input and the more input the better for me .
Hopefull it will help me make a good decision on weather to purchase or not .
Planning on making offer this weekend . Hope it flies with owner , worst he can do is say no .

Thanks , smitty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top