Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 2:12:31 PM EDT
Got a Savage 10 package in 7mm-08.  This is the wood stock with Accutrigger, Bushnell scope and leather sling.

I must say that for $468 I am very happy.  The wood is Birch but very decent.  The barrel is floated completely and the stock is even on both sides of the barrel channel.  There are no imperfections in the checkering at all.  The blued finish, while not up to $1000 rifle standards, is nice and even.

The only issue was that the scope was slightly loose.  I fixed that easily.

Although I think the Accutrigger will take some getting used to, I am very happy.  Kudos to Savage for putting out something the working man can afford without having to sacrifice QC checks and quality.  I'll definitely be upgrading the scope sometime this year, most likely to a Leupold VX-1 or Redfield.

First rifle I've bought in a while that looks perfect right out of the box.  Most guns these days look used from the get-go.  :D

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Although I think the Accutrigger will take some getting used to, I am very happy.  

You get used to the Accutrigger pretty quickly, really no different than a nice 2-stage military trigger.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Although I think the Accutrigger will take some getting used to, I am very happy.  

You get used to the Accutrigger pretty quickly, really no different than a nice 2-stage military trigger.

It's just different.  But I like it.  Very cool feature and the main reason I got the Savage.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Good solid gun, The scope is somewhat on the weak side but sounds like you are on that.

When I chose to go with a tight budget I have been very impressed with the Leupold Rifleman series.

See SWFA (should be a button above) There is a 3X9 and also a lighter power (2 X 7 ?) that is a great clear
compact piece of glass. I find the smaller scopes low power ,and compactness to be more valauble than the 9x
YMMV
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good solid gun, The scope is somewhat on the weak side but sounds like you are on that.

When I chose to go with a tight budget I have been very impressed with the Leupold Rifleman series.

See SWFA (should be a button above) There is a 3X9 and also a lighter power (2 X 7 ?) that is a great clear
compact piece of glass. I find the smaller scopes low power ,and compactness to be more valauble than the 9x
YMMV

Yep, it will definitely wear a 2-7x33 in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top