Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 7:49:18 AM EDT
I am considering embarking upon a Sten build.  I am however, unsure of the exact way to convert it to closed bolt.  Does anyone know of somewhere i could find some more info on this?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Never built a sten but I had looked here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a very knowledgeable Sten group at yahoo, but, they can be very crusty and mean.

If you are looking at building from a kit, the only options used to be the SAS-3 kit, and the kit from Indianapolis Ordnance (link above). SAS-3 kits had issues, and I know they were not being made for awhile, not sure what the status is now.
If you are basing the build on a MK.II or MK.V there are other resources out there, but you will have to fire up your search-fu. There was one or two sites that had Sten forums, weaponeer being one of them, but I have not visited them for
quite some time. I posted a few WTB ads for SAS-3 kits, but since they are no longer in production, they are being treated as if they are made from solid gold. I have an SAS-3 Tube with template, so one of these days I may look into locating
the innards that go with it and try from there. Good Luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top