Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2011 12:17:20 PM EDT
Airsoft crap, or decent gear...?

Looking at this, for like $19.00 Canadian + shipping.

Double Kangaroo Mag Pouch
Two M4/M16 mag pouch.
Two pistol mag pouch in the front, with adjustable Hook & Loop flap.

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a double rifle bag from Cheaper Than Dirt

Not a bad price and I'm quite happy with it. Now it doesn't say on the website that it's a Condor bag. But being kind of new to the AR15 world, I wasn't aware of the huge market for airsoft stuff that looks exceedingly real. I guess I should figure for the price, it's not military grade.  But since I'm only using it to go to the range and not for deployment to Afghanistan, it suits me just fine. I'd rather spend the money on my rifle than on the range bag that can go into space.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Two M4/M16 mag pouch.

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/images/products/detail/ma51_002.1.jpg

It's definitely airsoft stuff. (Made in Asia)

ATS makes a similar pouch and I'd spend my money there.

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
EH,  I wouldn't say ALL of their stuff is crap...I have a jacket from there, its super comfortable and functional.

ETA: THIS
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

EH,  I wouldn't say ALL of their stuff is crap...I have a jacket from there, its super comfortable and functional.

I never said it was crap, just that it's made in Asia for the airsoft market. They state that they have US production capabilities, not that what they make it made in US.

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never said it was crap, just that it's made in Asia for the airsoft market. They state that they have US production capabilities, not that what they make it made in US.  

Thanks for the input fellas...! And thanks Dontcallmeradio for the link you posted, which got me to the made in the USA thing, which lead to a search on the Condor site for "USA", which lead to discovering that some of their stuff is in fact made in the US, and they have a bunch of items listed on the NTOA Approved list... including the single mag kangaroo version of the double pouch I posted above... which would suggest that at least some of their stuff is quality gear.

Do a search for the word "Condor" on this page to see what they have NTOA Approved:

NTOA Member Tested Program Database

I have to say, for the $20.00 I think I'm gonna grab one and we'll see how it looks and holds-up...

The ATS gear looks great, except that it's tough to find up here in the sunny GWN (great white north)...

I'd sure be interested to hear from anyone that has some of their pouches / bags etc. Dontcallmeradio has some of their outerwear and gives it a good review so that's pretty encouraging also...

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I use 2 of their slings.  Very well made & have held up great.  1 is FDE, The other is Black. They are every bit = to my VTAC sling.
Quick adjust & everything.

Link Posted: 2/26/2011 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#7]
The majority of Condors products are gtg.

They may have had a few growing pains with a few of their early products but they seem to learn quickly

and improve their products. (Maybe from feedback forum users)

For the price they can't be beat. Realistically for the amount of use most of the readers use their gear

it is more than servicable.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd stay away from any sort of carrier, holster or any other gear of a more "important nature. I buy mag pouches and shit from them sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a condor single point sling.  It is solid and looks to be g2g and the buckle is metal.  For 15 bucks, hard to beat.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I picked up a double rifle bag from Cheaper Than Dirt

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q38/lemingrebel/work/New%20work/MOLLE-350_A.jpg

Not a bad price and I'm quite happy with it. Now it doesn't say on the website that it's a Condor bag. But being kind of new to the AR15 world, I wasn't aware of the huge market for airsoft stuff that looks exceedingly real. I guess I should figure for the price, it's not military grade.  But since I'm only using it to go to the range and not for deployment to Afghanistan, it suits me just fine. I'd rather spend the money on my rifle than on the range bag that can go into space.

Yup, those are condor/vodoo/fox, all are made at the same place with the same material. Its really just a matter of what day order what tags it will come with,  (distributor wise)

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
It will likely be very tight with pmags to the point of not being usable.  This comes from my experience with condor. I do however recomend their double pistol mag pouches, dump pouches and rifle cases.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I see a lot of their stuff when I deploy. It's pretty good, damn sure better than issue garbage. I wore my buddy's plate carrier for a day and it was top notch, also I found an abandoned molle vest by them and it held up great for the 6 months I wore it. Like I said, it's WAY better than standard military issue.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I scored some cheap rifle plates, so I bought one of their plate carriers to stick the plates in.  It's held up fine so far.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It will likely be very tight with pmags to the point of not being usable.  This comes from my experience with condor. I do however recomend their double pistol mag pouches, dump pouches and rifle cases.

Does the pmag assessment come from personal experience...?
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
You may want to try the Tactical Gear forum at the bottom of the Armory.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#16]

All this plus a SERPA female plate with MOLLE adapter with some extra BOLC soft inserts with level III plates is my "spare" setup.  Less than 200 for everything, and the plates and armor I had laying around.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a condor PC with an assortment of TT and USGI pouches.  I'd say the material is the same as TT, although the stiching is inferior.  Compared to the USGI pouches the material and stiching is similar.

I'm no sewing expert, but I can tell the difference between ragity anne and a bygod damn good looking bit of sewing.  That said, my fat ass ain't gonna tell the difference in the field.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've got a condor PC with an assortment of TT and USGI pouches.  I'd say the material is the same as TT, although the stiching is inferior.  Compared to the USGI pouches the material and stiching is similar.

I'm no sewing expert, but I can tell the difference between ragity anne and a bygod damn good looking bit of sewing.  That said, my fat ass ain't gonna tell the difference in the field.

I saw a lot more condor gear in Iraq/A-stan than any of the higher end brands.  It held up well enough.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the pmag assessment come from personal experience...?

yes.  With double and triple shingles.

ETA:  I have replaced everything with HSGI tacos and I will be using the tight condor mag pouches for a dedicated .22lr rig with blackdog machine mags or an airsoft rig.  both of these mags fit alot easier than pmags
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Have the Condor double stacked double AR mag pouch and use magpul pmags in them. Fit is tight but without weaving the rear strap in the MOLLE, just straight, the do fit and I shoot matches with it. Looks like new still.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I saw a lot more condor gear in Iraq/A-stan than any of the higher end brands.  It held up well enough.

Well, that's enough said for me right there... Ordered two of the Condor Double Kangaroo Mag Pouches. $39.98 for the pair plus $12 for shipping. Should arrive early next week and I'm looking forward to it.

wesmerc: I have a bunch of USGI 30's if the pmag fit is for shit... although the USGI's are all pinned to 5 rounds 'cause my federal government doesn't trust me with 6... but that's nothing that a 3/16th bit won't fix when I get to Xe in NC. I'll borrow a pmag from a buddy before I go and see if the fit is workable. If so I'll order some pmags to be delivered to me at Xe... and at the end of class, I'll pick someone to inherit them before I head back up here to the great white north.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Iraqi Soldiers like to use it too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I've got one of their smaller assault packs, it's been to a couple of classes, and I generally drag it around with me whenever I need to carry more stuff than will fit in my pockets.  It's held up well, not started to unravel or anything yet.  It's got a shitload of pockets too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Iraqi Soldiers like to use it too.

And they beat the ever loving shit out of their gear.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've got one of their smaller assault packs, it's been to a couple of classes, and I generally drag it around with me whenever I need to carry more stuff than will fit in my pockets.  It's held up well, not started to unravel or anything yet.  It's got a shitload of pockets too.

I bought one for college as well because the very expensive school pack my mother gave me completely unraveled.  I still have it and use it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I've seen the Condor packs and other gear in person.  I have a lot of Blackhawk stuff....and IMO, it looks to be just as heavy duty without the higher price tag.  

JME,
Sean
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Two M4/M16 mag pouch.

Airsoft stuff.

The entire point of this sort of junk gear is that the real stuff is not available or prohibitively expensive in some places.  In the US or Canada you have no excuse not to get the real stuff - sometimes the real thing is even cheaper, on sale.   That goes for backpacks as well as stuff like mag pouches and vests.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two M4/M16 mag pouch.

Airsoft stuff.

The entire point of this sort of junk gear is that the real stuff is not available or prohibitively expensive in some places.  In the US or Canada you have no excuse not to get the real stuff - sometimes the real thing is even cheaper, on sale.   That goes for backpacks as well as stuff like mag pouches and vests.

I used that plate carrier  for a year in Afghanistan. I used the Multi-Cam pattern. I had the initial issue of the Army plate carrier and found it to be garbage. Not only was it terribly uncomfortable, had far to little PALS webbing, but the side plates wore through the side plate carrier in under a month. My Condor plate carrier lasted the whole year and is still going strong in addition to being extremely comfortable. 4 other guys in my platoon used them as well however theirs were all in coyote tan. FWIW mine held up to carrying a basic load of SAW ammo without a problem, something the KDH carrier could not do.

Steve

Steve

Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's enough said for me right there... Ordered two of the Condor Double Kangaroo Mag Pouches. $39.98 for the pair plus $12 for shipping. Should arrive early next week and I'm looking forward to it.

wesmerc: I have a bunch of USGI 30's if the pmag fit is for shit... although the USGI's are all pinned to 5 rounds 'cause my federal government doesn't trust me with 6... but that's nothing that a 3/16th bit won't fix when I get to Xe in NC. I'll borrow a pmag from a buddy before I go and see if the fit is workable. If so I'll order some pmags to be delivered to me at Xe... and at the end of class, I'll pick someone to inherit them before I head back up here to the great white north.

Well hey if you head back through VT I'd be happy to inherit them.  We are Canada lite
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two M4/M16 mag pouch.

Airsoft stuff.

I used that plate carrier  for a year in Afghanistan. I used the Multi-Cam pattern. I had the initial issue of the Army plate carrier and found it to be garbage. Not only was it terribly uncomfortable, had far to little PALS webbing, but the side plates wore through the side plate carrier in under a month. My Condor plate carrier lasted the whole year and is still going strong in addition to being extremely comfortable. 4 other guys in my platoon used them as well however theirs were all in coyote tan. FWIW mine held up to carrying a basic load of SAW ammo without a problem, something the KDH carrier could not do.

Steve

Steve

That endorsment speaks volumes IMHO
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well hey if you head back through VT I'd be happy to inherit them.  We are Canada lite

I'll tell you what... you send your cool VT gun laws up here and I'll get the fellas together... we'll buy you ALL the pmags you want...!!!

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#32]

FedEx man brought the pouches today and they look pretty good. Stitching is good (no trimming required), the snaps, straps and Velcro are stiff, stiff and grippy. They mounted up just as expected on the vest and the USGI 30's fit nice and snug, but not too snug. I haven't tried a pmag yet but that's next. Glock mags fit the pistol mag pouches nicely and the covers are adjustable or removable as desired or required.

All-in-all, so far, so good... for $40.00...!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#33]
May as well throw this up here too.

Link Posted: 3/31/2011 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#34]
PMAGS fit nice...!
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've seen the Condor packs and other gear in person.  I have a lot of Blackhawk stuff....and IMO, it looks to be just as heavy duty without the higher price tag.  

JME,
Sean

You realize Blackhawk is shit too, right?
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JME,
Sean

You realize Blackhawk is shit too, right?

Yes, to many "operators"...blackhawk is shit. I disagree....but I'm not someone who will spend $255+ on a chest rig from Tactical Tailor, SKD, London Bridge Trading, etc.   I was merely giving an idea of the quality. Blackhawk's stuff is a LOT better than the so-called "airsoft" crap that is just below the Condor price range.

Hope that meets with your  seal of approval as a disclaimer.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two M4/M16 mag pouch.

Airsoft stuff.

If the Condor stuff you buy/own doesn't need extra fitting or padding, you just need to get it double stitched and it will hold up better or equal too many of the more expensive toys people buy.

There is nothing about the material that makes it magic when you pay more for it, it has to do with design, fit, and stitching.  Since Condor and many of the off brands are good design knock-offs of higher end gear, it comes back down to stitching.

YMMV

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two M4/M16 mag pouch.

Airsoft stuff.

Steve

Steve

That endorsment speaks volumes IMHO

I agree, honestly ill take the word of someone whos used them in battle over the so called couch commandos who only say its crap but give no reason or proof of what makes it crap.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I have one of their slings, I like it a lot and it's held up well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I have these pouches in black. It works fine. I took a lighter to a few threads and loaded it up.  It is ok stuff. If I was a real operator, I would spend the money on other stuff. But out of the 5.11, Maxped, and Condor stuff I have, it's fine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top