Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2010 11:35:42 AM EDT
Found a local auction that had a few neat pieces. Whats the procedure usually like? It's online but local .
Whats your best auction score?
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a FN Browning 1900 pistol in fair/decent shape for $65 freight and all off Auction Arms. Gun still has maybe 70-80% original finish, but has mis-matched original grips. I thought it a steal for the price.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
A couple of years ago, my dad and myself went to a local auction that advertised a bunch of antique revolvers, rifles and shotguns. It also listed some modern firesrms by name(marlins, remmy's, etc). When we got there, we were astounded. WHY you ask???? because there were at least 30 to 40  civil war era percussion and conversion Whitney  revolvers, dozens of whitney lever action rifles, carbines and muskets, and all sorts of antique pistols(over a hundred after all of the whitneys). as can be seen, the owner of the collection(in the middle of bumfuck cow country, no less) was a Whitney fan. If I had known, I probably would have remortgaged the house, as no whitney piece went for more than $600. We were able to get, with the cash we brought with us, two Whitney navy revolvers, The first, a percussion 3rd model in 80% condition with a perfect bore and chambers, with just a little bit of finish wear. The second revolver we got, as a rimfire conversion 4th model, nickeled, in near 99% condition. We paid $400 each amd each are valued at around $ 2000 in their condition. The whitney carbines and rifles were at best 75% condition, but their rarity and shootability beat all that I have ever seen, before or since.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my M60 two weeks ago for $16k at auction. That would have to be my best buy so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top