Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2010 3:53:40 PM EDT
I am in the middle of a 6.5G build.  I have been trying to find some ballistic data about the round.  I have bullet drop info for all my other calibers.  I just can't seem to find any info or charts that show what the bullet drop (in inches) would be for the 6.5 at 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 .etc ... etc.

Anybody out there got any info??

Mutt
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
They are on 65grendel.com and AA's own website.

Link Posted: 5/13/2010 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Bullet?
Barrel length?
Altitude?
Etc.

All are important to know to get an even semi-accurate chart.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Bullet?

Barrel length?

Altitude?

Etc.

All are important to know to get an even semi-accurate chart.

That is why you have your own log book.  The factory published charts assume quite a lot. (std. temp, std. pressure, sea level, etc...)

Still, the OP asked.

Link Posted: 5/15/2010 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am in the middle of a 6.5G build.  I have been trying to find some ballistic data about the round.  I have bullet drop info for all my other calibers.  I just can't seem to find any info or charts that show what the bullet drop (in inches) would be for the 6.5 at 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 .etc ... etc.

Mutt

This info may help give you a starting point?

Hornady

Cheers,

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep the 19.5" ballistics chart rolled up in the tube of the LMT SOPMOD stock.  Makes for quick reference.  Here's the whole thing.

http://www.alexanderarms.com/grendel_ballistics.pdf

If you reload yet, which I'd imagine you'll want to when shooting Grendel, you'll have to come up with some additional numbers should you begin to load anything heavier than the Hornady 129gr SST.  I'm going to try some Sierra 140gr soon.  Gotta start work on finding load information for a round like that for hunting season––-in November.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mutt

what bullet and velocity?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top