Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2010 6:42:14 PM EDT
So I decided to check out a gun store I hadn't been in before and spot an XCR. It is only for rental at their range and not for sale.
I ask the counter guy about it and he says he thinks it looks cool but has never heard anything good about them.
Only bad things from shooters of this rental and owners of other XCRs. I have no experience with them but want one.

Should he be ignored? I have only heard good things about the XCR.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanted an XCR so bad the last few months but my budget wouldn't allow it. Ive read nothing but good great stuff about RA and the XCR.

Tons of happy folks over on the XCR Forum.

In the rare case that the gun does have a mishap, Rob Arms is one of those companies that likes to take care of their customers.

From what Ive read over the last few months, I think if you were to get an XCR you would be really happy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, i've only heard horrible things about it...that's why I bought one, and i've NEVER had a single problem of failure post-breakin with it.

Dude, it's a rifle, like many more out there. Monolithic rail, made of NON-plastic, super nice piston system with the nice 4 position adjustable gas block.

Shoots almost movie-quiet with 16" barrel and supressor on supressor gas setting. And almost no recoild on that setting.

Not sure what else to say dude...i've only heard bad shit from people who don't own one. I'm no fanboy, and have no loyalty either way - just my experience..

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yea, i've only heard horrible things about it...that's why I bought one, and i've NEVER had a single problem of failure post-breakin with it.

Dude, it's a rifle, like many more out there. Monolithic rail, made of NON-plastic, super nice piston system with the nice 4 position adjustable gas block.

Shoots almost movie-quiet with 16" barrel and supressor on supressor gas setting. And almost no recoild on that setting.

Not sure what else to say dude...i've only heard bad shit from people who don't own one. I'm no fanboy, and have no loyalty either way - just my experience..

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/yarbsea/XCR%20FDE/DSC03173.jpg

Wow, way to go and make me very very jealous!
Quoted:
http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2008/01/07/robinson-arms-controversy/

No way in hell will I ever buy an XCR.

Sure, that's  a pretty big contradiction, but honestly, is it that big of a deal?

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My dad has one set up similar to yours. I've fired it some and I really like it. Light in the hand, well balanced, sleek, and the 2 stage trigger is nice. I'd like to own one myself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, that's  a pretty big contradiction, but honestly, is it that big of a deal?

Kind of a big deal.  it's called LOGIC.

Alex Robinson supports Mitt Romney.  

Mitt Romney signed a PERMANENT Assault Weapons Ban in Massachusetts.  

Mitt Romney vowed to sign a Reauthorization of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban if a bill was put on his desk as President.  

Us lowly peon civilians would be barred from buying an XCR.  

Alex Robinson would still be able to sell his XCR to Law Enforcement and the Military.  

If you want to financially support a company that supports a GUN BANNER, be my guest.  

Why don't you just donate some money to the Iranian nuclear program while you're at it.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
*presses palm firmly to face*

I just dont see a big deal in buying a gun from a company whose owner supports a gun hating politician who isnt going anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kind of a big deal.  it's called LOGIC.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/rugerp345/RomneyonGunsJPEG.jpg

Alex Robinson supports Mitt Romney.  

Mitt Romney signed a PERMANENT Assault Weapons Ban in Massachusetts.  

Mitt Romney vowed to sign a Reauthorization of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban if a bill was put on his desk as President.  

Us lowly peon civilians would be barred from buying an XCR.  

Alex Robinson would still be able to sell his XCR to Law Enforcement and the Military.  

If you want to financially support a company that supports a GUN BANNER, be my guest.  

Why don't you just donate some money to the Iranian nuclear program while you're at it.  

Well I guess I will just take another look at that Ruger sr-556.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Only a flipping MORON is going to take politics into account. Buy the gun or not...but don't be a pu$$y and talk to me about politics.

But check this out boys: At least mister Robinson has the darn ball$ to side with his RELIGION in the face of rejection, and not worry about anything else. He doesn't care about anything but principle...so I can respect that 100%. His affiliation, while it is strange to say the least, is still inline with his religion. So jsut get over it and stop buying the truck.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well I guess I will just take another look at that Ruger sr-556.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I own an xcr and I love it. Its the machine your buying not the beliefs of the manufacturers. I trust my m&p with my life though smith has made some poor decisions politcally. As for the rifle itself its lightweight, great trigger, KISS inside and accurate. Unlike a lot of these companies that promise caliber changes and don't deliver or only give one or two cailibers the xcr has 223 762x39 and 6.8 with 6.5 and 308(m) on the way. Do what you want with your money but the xcr is what got my cash and I could have afforded any of the stuff on the market.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Only a flipping MORON is going to take politics into account. Buy the gun or not...but don't be a pu$$y and talk to me about politics.

But check this out boys: At least mister Robinson has the darn ball$ to side with his RELIGION in the face of rejection, and not worry about anything else. He doesn't care about anything but principle...so I can respect that 100%. His affiliation, while it is strange to say the least, is still inline with his religion. So jsut get over it and stop buying the truck.

Exactly. Alex Robinson is a Mormon. Mitt Romney is a Mormon. He supported him for that reason. It had nothing to do with Romney's gun control position - it was just an inconvenient truth. Most people put their religion above all else, including business and hobbies.  Even though most of us don't agree with his decision to support an anti-gun politician, what he did was brave and honorable, IMO. A man of principle - like it or not.

Both Colt AND Ruger have supported and voluntarily participated in anti-gun / gun control policies of which religion had nothing to do with it. It was deliberate disregard for our 2nd amendment rights.  Don't hear too much about that, do you?  

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I plan on buying an XCR soon, after trying to talk myself out of getting one. I went to SHOT this year and checked out all the big name rifles (SCAR, AUG, ACR, ARX-160 and the XCR) The XCR feels more solid than the rest, they aren't "plastic fantastic" shit, and the "over the beach" video they did really surprised me. Now, I don't plan on going swimming with an XCR, but it just shows the capabilities of the rifle. I must admit I didn't like the fact that the owner supported Romney, but I don't care anymore. I'm not going to pass up one of the better rifles on the market, which is priced more competitively than the other rifles listed, from a company that offers great customer service just because the owner supported Mitt Romney.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I like my XCR, I dislike Robinson Armament.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#15]
To all to of the A-Rob haters: just buy used and he won't profit.

You get the gun, and he won't get your money.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I have no hands on experience with any of these newer rifle designs but on paper the XCR looks like the winner.

I'd love to own one but I don't have the funds to spend $1500+ on a rifle in one sitting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Don’t let a poor political decision of the owner of a company affect your choice of a product. If you used that reasoning you wouldn’t be able to buy anything worth owning. I don’t let someone else’s political choice affect my choice of what is a right product for me. If we did that, we would be screwed.

I don’t like the politicians that pharmaceutical company “X” donated to. I guess that means no antibiotics for me.

I don’t like the politicians that the CEO of automobile company “Y” supports. I guess that means even though they make a great product at a price I can afford, I should buy higher cost, lower quality car from automobile company “Z”.

Crap, company “Z” supports unions, and I don’t so…

So on, and so forth….

Just buy the best product for you, even if you don’t like politics of the company.

Not that my opinion has any value, but the XCR is going to be my next rifle purchase.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Alex Robinson and Mitt Romney are both MORMONS. Their religion is more inportant to them then gun rights. Mormons stick together and that is why Alex supports Mitt.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Mitt is still better than what we currently have.  Atleast he was on the proper side of the spectrum.  While I disagree with his choice, it was his choice to make.  Atleast he had the balls to make a choice and stick with it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Some of you are the last people that should be slinging insults around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top