Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2010 5:04:10 AM EDT
I just placed an order for a new Colt LE6920 and was surprised to see that it didn't come with a hardcase. Yet you can buy a Bushy for 1/2 the cost and they give you a case. Don't get me wrong, I don't need any more cases laying around if I am going to transport the thing I will use a softsided case, unless going by air. I buy most of my firearms used, so is this something that many of the manufacturers are doing now? It seems to me if you pay $1300 for a new rifle it should come with a hard case. More of a observation and curious as to what y'all think about it. I would rather have higher quality over a plastic case so don't get me wrong on that!!
Thanks
NCH
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Part of peoples distorted thinking today. Pile a few trinkets with something to make you feel like you got a bunch of free shit to make you feel good like you got some kind of a great deal. As stated, you are paying for it one way or another. Even if you payed 2k for a high end gun and expect a 100-150 case with it, you would still pay for it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Often times it seems that inferior made products dress up their pigs with add on crap and accessories. For the intelligent consumer, it seems like the company is making a feeble and cheesy attempt to justify the price on their inferior product to make it more appealing. That being said, most consumers are not particularly informed or intelligent, so they see the "bling" and  are all over it.

For the smart consumer, a quality made product does not need curb feelers thrown in for free to sell. A high end set of quality kitchen knives that will last a lifetime does not need a free bottle of "Sham WoW".
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never bought a new colt and it come with a hard case.  Just the trusty ole cardboard box.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The bushmaster case is a waste of a case and does pretty much nothing more than pollute the earth.  You say you don't need any other cheap cases laying around, then don't complain about it.  Simple.  Pretty sure Bushmaster charges you for the case in their price for the gun.  Most companies out there give you a gun and a box.  That way you can buy whatever case you want.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a few other top regarded manufacturers that do not include a case. With the money testing in R&D, I would be lead to believe a $5.00 -10.00 case may seem irrelavent to the actual quality of the rifle..
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
It is what it is. When they start having trouble selling them at their price, maybe they'll have to start offering cases. Don't hold your breath.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Trust me I'm not really complaining just thought it was kind of funny.  I am looking at getting a couple Voodoo cases, what are some other cases y'all have had good luck with? This is not going to be for airline travel, just back and forth to hunting and shooting locations.
Thanks
NCH
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Pelican.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Some of my favorite companies ship their products in those beautiful cardboard boxes (Colt, BCM, Noveske)
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I've owned three factory new Colt ARs.

None have ever come with a hard case.  Just the box.

Save the box.  The blue label on the side helps with resale value should you ever want to sell it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't we have a thread about this some time back?
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#12]
1/2 the price of a Colt?  Where do you get NIB Bushmasters for 550?
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]
The bushmaster case is a piece of crap anyway.  Since Colt usually ships its biggest orders to .mil and .gov, there is no reason to add the extra cost of a cheap piece of crap case to its private distributors.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Bushmaster gives you a nice case to compensate for the POS inside it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#15]
i'm   fixing to call noveske and bitch at them for sending me those junky-ass rifles without a case––why ,,,i could have got a bushmaster and got a case!!!!!! what a bunch of turds!!!! thanks for the heads up,, i'm gonna get my priorties straight!!!! buncha damn hill-billies!!!!and,,, my junky-ass colts didn't have a case either,, gonna bitch them out too, after noveske.––-shit––-i  could've got something with a case, for what i paid for those beaters...
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You didn't get the memo?  Every rifle is half the price of and just as good as Colt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This along with the fact every hard case I've ever received with any new firearm was basically a pos regardless of manufacturer.

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The thread was basically trashing the hell out of Colt for sending the rifles (6920 and 6940) without a case..the member was so irate that he was even gonna return it because of this simple reason..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thread was basically trashing the hell out of Colt for not sending the rifles (6920 and 6940) without a case..the member was so irate that he was even gonna return it because of this simple reason..

Yeah, that's the one!
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thread was basically trashing the hell out of Colt for not sending the rifles (6920 and 6940) without a case..the member was so irate that he was even gonna return it because of this simple reason..

all right,, let me fess up,,, been indulging in too much in some thing with a born-on date––-i'm glad colt didn't send me a hard-case with my two rifles,,'cause they are too much trouble to chunk in the dipsy-dumpster––- WTH are you gonna do with a hard-case anyway, 'sides clogging up the underside of your bed?????––-  i'm not really gonna call anybody and bitch at them––i'm gonna call them and thank them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#21]
got a case with my dpms, was a nice thought but it was junk. it was hard to open and was more trouble than it was worth, i do think all guns should come with some basic cleaning supplies like a cleaning rod
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The bushmaster case is a waste of a case and does pretty much nothing more than pollute the earth.  You say you don't need any other cheap cases laying around, then don't complain about it.  Simple.  Pretty sure Bushmaster charges you for the case in their price for the gun.  Most companies out there give you a gun and a box.  That way you can buy whatever case you want.

That is because BM sucks so whatever they can do to make people think they are getting a good deal.

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#23]
My patrol unit is my gun case.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#24]

the more you pay for an AR the worse the box is that it comes in. i don't mind the cardboard, i'm just going to throw it away (like i do the cheap cases).

except Daniel Defense, the last two that i've had in came in a very nice hard case. not a Storm case but not that cheap junk shit that most AR manufacturers ship with.

what pisses me off is Remington and the damn styrofoam! they could at least put the gun in a plastic bag before they throw it in that shit. i've never unpacked a Remington that didn't have a bad spot in the finish because of that cheap shit. what's so hard about a bag and some bubble wrap?

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#25]
My Barrett M82A1 came with a really nice hard case.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just placed an order for a new Colt LE6920 and was surprised to see that it didn't come with a hardcase. Yet you can buy a Bushy for 1/2 the cost and they give you a case. Don't get me wrong, I don't need any more cases laying around if I am going to transport the thing I will use a softsided case, unless going by air. I buy most of my firearms used, so is this something that many of the manufacturers are doing now? It seems to me if you pay $1300 for a new rifle it should come with a hard case. More of a observation and curious as to what y'all think about it. I would rather have higher quality over a plastic case so don't get me wrong on that!!
Thanks
NCH

I was like you. A little surprised.

Both of my Colts (6920, 6921) came in a cardboard box. Both work like a champ.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes, that was me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This along with the fact every hard case I've ever received with any new firearm was basically a pos regardless of manufacturer.

True, the first AR I ever ordered online was a Bushmaster.  When UPS dropped it off at my FFL's house the barrel was sticking out of the box.  It had punched right though the case and the brown box, good thing he lives in a nice neighborhood.  Anyone walking by would have seen a package with an A2 style flash hider and 3" of barrel sticking out.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Every free case I ever got with a new gun was crap. My 2 Armalites came with Promax protector hard cases. There cheap at best. Better than a box though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump to 1600
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#31]
thats a weak way to get 1,600.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Honestly, most of the gun cases I see with new guns, especially rifles, are never used again.  Two cases for example are the hard case that came with a new DPMS LR-308, which has no optics or sights on it, and no room in the case for the optic or sight once added.  So the case is good for shipping and only shipping, after that it's worthless.

Same thing with the RRA case that came with a new RRA AR-15.  Case fits the upper and lower, when separated, but has no room for the rifle with sights added, and requires the rifle to be broken in two for transport.

So as far as rifles are concerned, I'd rather they save me some money and just include the cardboard box so I can go and buy something else to put the rifle in for transport.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thanks
NCH

You just dropped some good wedge on your Colt...go BUY a decent case for it and quit whining!  WTF...over??
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#35]
If you want a hard case, buy a hardcase.  If you want a rifle, buy a rifle.  You shouldn't expect freebies with every purchase.

very simple.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#36]
the one KAC shipped with my E3's were actually half way decent..not Pelcan quality but decent and sturdy..
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i'm   fixing to call noveske and bitch at them for sending me those junky-ass rifles without a case––why ,,,i could have got a bushmaster and got a case!!!!!! what a bunch of turds!!!! thanks for the heads up,, i'm gonna get my priorties straight!!!! buncha damn hill-billies!!!!and,,, my junky-ass colts didn't have a case either,, gonna bitch them out too, after noveske.––-shit––-i  could've got something with a case, for what i paid for those beaters...

Put me on that petition t!

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My Barrett M82A1 came with a really nice hard case.

For what you pay for the 82A1, it should come with a hooker of your choice.  And another rifle.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

got a case with my dpms, was a nice thought but it was junk. it was hard to open and was more trouble than it was worth, i do think all guns should come with some basic cleaning supplies like a cleaning rod

I think the gun owner should come with basic maintenance knowledge and supplies.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:51:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I got a Colt Delta Elite many years ago came in an aluminum case.  S&W Performance center M&P 15 came with soft side carrying case.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#41]
yeah i throw away the crappy bushy cases! and I like my bushys.....with BCM uppers
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Forget that, I want to know where you're getting Colts NIB for $1100.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=735807
www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-LE6920BF.html
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=740672

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some of my favorite companies ship their products in those beautiful cardboard boxes (Colt, BCM, Noveske)

Same here.  I was suprised when I bought my 1st Les Baer and it came in a box.  I'm not suprised anymore
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't know that I've ever bought a long gun that came with a hard case.  Handguns, sure, rifle and shotgun never.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#46]
If you can afford a $1300 rifle then you can buy a $20 POS Dosko Sport case.

I actually use the cases, but only so my firearms don't mar each other if I loosely through them in the trunk.

On the other hand a case for a handgun is a must for me at the time of purchase. Besides most of the handgun cases that are sold with handguns are actually pretty decent.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
 Save me the $10 for the generic case and maybe put in a chamber brush or a decent manual instead of a slightly modified copy of the old military manual.

Right on.

Or ditch the case and include an extra magazine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#48]
About the only company that makes a vaguely decent weapons case for their weapons is probably Benelli.  Their sporting shotguns and the Vinci both have relatively well-designed cases, so long as you're willing to transport your shotguns in a broken-down state.

Ruger's case for the SR-556 isn't too bad...probably costs them about $20 apiece from China, but it's relatively useful at least.

Go buy an $8,000 Accuracy International, and it'll come to you in a brown cardboard box with cut-out dense foam.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=735807
www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-LE6920BF.html
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=740672

Not bad, can't touch them for under $1300 around here.

If I were in the market for another rifle, I'd look into it further.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put me on that petition t!

That post is funny as hell.  LOL, lesswill!

I don't know - I kind of like those POS cases (I got them with Olympic Arms and Daniel Defense rifles).  I wouldn't exactly call Daniel Defense's case "POS", though.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top