Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2009 8:09:45 AM EDT
Well, it's almost that time of year, Christmas Presents. How about we start a thread for everyone to add ideas for presents for gun/shooting enthusiasts? Perhaps a category for presents that would cost about
$25.00, a category for presents that cost about $50.00, and maybe one for $100.00 or up? I have 2 people (a brother-in-law and a nephew) who I have drawn their names for Christmas and I need ideas. Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#1]
gift cards
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya might send off for the Cheaper Then Dirt catalog....I saw some neat stuff in there i would not mind having in my man cave....Linked 5.56, linked 7.62...Linked 50 BMG etc.dummy hand granades, Knives etc.
Cheaper Then Dirt

Dummy 20mm Rounds here
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#3]
ammo and magazines
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
BCM now has Gift Certificates i beleive, as does DD with the Black Card
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ammo and magazines

This. Ammo and mags are always good things to have. I'll probably tell people I need more G19 mags of I get asked what I want for Christmas.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ya might send off for the Cheaper Then Dirt catalog....I saw some neat stuff in there i would not mind having in my man cave....Linked 5.56, linked 7.62...Linked 50 BMG etc.dummy hand granades, Knives etc.

Cheaper Then Dirt

Dummy 20mm Rounds here

Seriously? Don't give these guys one dime of your business. Ever.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cheaper Then Dirt

Dummy 20mm Rounds here

Wow! Why is that? I have ordered minor things a couple times and was ok ,fast delivery for a Texas boy.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Mags, ammo, bolts, CLP, batteries, etc.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

ammo and magazines

/Thread.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheaper Then Dirt

Dummy 20mm Rounds here

Wow! Why is that? I have ordered minor things a couple times and was ok ,fast delivery for a Texas boy.

They price-gouged like a MOFO beginning on November 5, 2008. CTD was the most notorious of all of the companies who did so, and their prices are still ridiculously out of line. Shop around for 10 minutes and I'll bet you can find anything you want from Cheaper Than Dirt (affectionately known as More Expensive Than Gold around here) for about 50%-75% of the price online.

They will never see any more of my money, and despite my repeated requests to be removed from their mailing lists, I still get catalogs delivered, which go directly into the trash.

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Primers.  Everyone needs primers.

Every one of my gun buddies reloads, although I am told that there are still 2-3 folks out there somewhere who don't.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like some of my buddies are gonna get some TacBac from CCMG.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Gun cleaning supplies. Solvent,patches, Boresnake etc..
ETA–– I hate buying these items..less money for components. I would be very happy with a large stocking stuffed with supplies!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know if they have done it for a few years, but Remington used to have some neat 22lr ammo packages with a pocket knife around holiday time.  I think i got one every year from about age 8 till I left home at 18.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Just take the money you would have spent on your friend & buy some ammo for yourself, then tell him what you did. If he is a true Gun Enthusiast, he will understand.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
www.woodenammo.com

any caliber hardwood replicas of cartidges.  You can get lamps too.  Price starts at around $15 and the lamps run $125.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:58:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cheaper Then Dirt

Dummy 20mm Rounds here

They price-gouged like a MOFO beginning on November 5, 2008. CTD was the most notorious of all of the companies who did so, and their prices are still ridiculously out of line. Shop around for 10 minutes and I'll bet you can find anything you want from Cheaper Than Dirt (affectionately known as More Expensive Than Gold around here) for about 50%-75% of the price online.

They will never see any more of my money, and despite my repeated requests to be removed from their mailing lists, I still get catalogs delivered, which go directly into the trash.

This and the fact if you order from their website you are automatically enrolled in Reservation Rewards. The rewards program deducts a small amount of money from your account monthly until you call to cancel it. When I called CTD to complain about it they said it didn't come from them. When I called the rewards people they said it was a deal they have with CTD to enroll anyone who buys from CTD unless you opt out at the time of purchase. I looked all through CTD's website while working up a fake order and never found a way to opt out. When I finally realized what was going on it had been going on for close to a year. I check my statement regularly but the amount it never raised any suspicions.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Liquor.
It is way too gay to give your buddies anything but booze as a gift.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top