Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 8:50:12 PM EDT
I recently purchased a MKIII 22/45 with a 5.5'' bull barrel. I love the gun but I have one problem with it.

When the action holds opened I have to actually push the slide release on the left side down to close the action. A buddy of mine has an older MKII and you can insert a new magazine and pull on the action slightly and it will chamber the round. Like a typical pistol should. I was wondering if my MKIII 45 model is supposed to do this or maybe something isn't working right. It may sound like a small BS problem, but I find it very annoying. I rarely use a slide release on any of my weapons.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same gun. I also have to hit the slide stop. Sling shotting the bolt won't work. I believe you can fix this if you are that worried about it.

Somebody should be along shortly with instructions on how to modify it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. If I can modify it without to much trouble I will do it for sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:07:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have done this mod but put it back together the way it came from the factory.

The problem I was having is it would prematurely lock the slide back from time to time. I guess recoil or something else was causing the slide stop to jump up at the perfect time.

I know not being able to slingshot the bolt is a pain but having the bolt lock back half way through a magazine is more of a pain because you never know when it is going to happen.

Dolomite
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top