Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 9:25:46 AM EDT
Well? What do you reckon?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I reckon if its all you got; it might do, but if you want an EBR might as well sell the fudd gun and buy an EBR.

Bolt is way too suceptible to fouling in adverse conditions (i.e. dirt) for me to ever consider doing something like that. Plus the controls are too small for my taste.

I hear someone makes a rail for them now though
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I reckon if its all you got; it might do, but if you want an EBR might as well sell the fudd gun and buy an EBR.

Bolt is way too suceptible to fouling in adverse conditions (i.e. dirt) for me to ever consider doing something like that. Plus the controls are too small for my taste.

I noticed a guy selling cheap 9-round magazines online and figured it was worth a thought. What's with the bolt? Why is it suceptible to dirt?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a pump action version used as just that.  Mostly for PD's that don't want/can't use something as evil looking as an AR.

And there were/are high caps availible for the predecessor to the 750.  Don't know if they're interchangable or not.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed a guy selling cheap 9-round magazines online and figured it was worth a thought. What's with the bolt? Why is it suceptible to dirt?

Its got a lot of locking area, I'd think the more surface area that needs to remain free of crud the worse off you are. I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[Its got a lot of locking area, I'd think the more surface area that needs to remain free of crud the worse off you are. I could be wrong though.

It is a thought but consider that bolt actions were used in war from around the 1890’s through the 1950’s as a primary battle weapons... It pretty much negates any dirty action problem theories

Also recall the ‘open’ actions of the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, SKS… All can jam given the right conditions. I have seen road dust disable a .50 Cal M2, but kept reasonable clear of muck, all of them keep on running.

I would be more concerned with frail stocks and sighting equipment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top