Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:09:06 PM EDT
Last night, I picked up an No. 1 MkIII SMLE that had been sporterized.  In the process of getting chopped and redone, at some point the socket for the stock had its markings ground off.  I'd like to get the stamps redone, as I've always thought that SMLE sporters were a cool looking rifle, but they don't look right without the markings on the band.  

Yes, I know it will be more expensive than most sane people would think it's worth, and for a sporter it really isn't worth the time or money, but ––- does anyone have any idea where (or if) I might be able to find someone who has or could make the British ordnance stamps, and could re-strike the markings?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:06:34 AM EDT
[#1]
having ordnance stamps made would cost more than the rifle.  I would recommed you check with Orion Engraving.

http://www.orion-arms.com/new/
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
No such luck, apparently they aren't able to go over existing stamps/engraving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top