Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 8:52:47 AM EDT
I just bought a CETME and have no complaints (except the cost of ammo) I just wanted to ask if it were safe to shoot reloads through this gun? I don't know much about the CETME and wanted a little input before I reloaded and tore up my new toy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure. I use H335. 44 GRAINS WITH A 147 GR. FMJ.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI mine shoots great with Wolf
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used wolf in my ar countless times but I just can't get my hands on it right now at a decent price. I have more 308 brass that I know what to do with and just wanted to gather some opinions on reloading results. I will probably load up a a few and just see what they do. I bought a box of Federal ammo, and it cost nearly 16 dollars to shoot 1 magazine through the gun. So I just wanted to weigh my options.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've used wolf in my ar countless times but I just can't get my hands on it right now at a decent price. I have more 308 brass that I know what to do with and just wanted to gather some opinions on reloading results. I will probably load up a a few and just see what they do. I bought a box of Federal ammo, and it cost nearly 16 dollars to shoot 1 magazine through the gun. So I just wanted to weigh my options.

.308 Winchester brass can cause problems.

The case wall is thinner and during the extraction process of the somewhat "roomy" chambers (fluted chambers) of the CETME/HK 91/30 series of rifles, that when using .308 WIN brass you will find an increased amount of case head separations due to the thinner brass.

This isn't an end of the world problem if you have a broken shell extractor. If you forget it at home or don't have one when you have a case head separation, your rifle will be offline until you do...

Even so, you will find that your brass life will be around 2 reloads or less depending upon how tight the head-space is on your rifle. I'd recommend finding some M80 ball brass (LC is best) and swag the primer pockets and go from there. It is more durable for increased reloading life of your brass and you will most likely not have any case head separations due to the thicker case wall.

(<––––––––-owned/reloaded for a CETME and eventually sold it)
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Commercial brass can be a problem with the CETME which is pretty hard on brass. If you have a stash of reloadable surplus sitting around then reloading that is no problem at all for the CETME.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top