Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:41:45 PM EDT
Anyone see any of these sell lately?  If so what did it go for?  I have one I am ready to put an offer on.  It is in excellent condition with only some blueing wear.  I know it is worth over a thousand but the asking price of two grand is too much.  It is the long barrel with no checkering.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I can tell you that in the last several years older marlins, and savage levers have been climing in price quickly. the .410 is not common, and condition will dictate the price.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Collector grade firearms are a tough call to price.
Go too high and it may sit quite some time without a buyer.
Price to low and it will move fast and probably be quickly placed back on the market and sold yet again at an even greater mark-up.
Your ideal is to place the gun in the hands of a collector who really wants it without out and out hosing him in the process.

My opinion on collector grade guns is to price high, have a figure in mind you are willing to let the gun go for, and be prepared to dikker a bit to get your price.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
They made them for only three years and they were not issued to anyone but people that bought stock in Marlin durring
the big depression!  They simply say Marlin 410 on the top of the tang,and under the lever the ser#.

Mine is 18xx Even NRA good they go for 1,000.00   I doubt there are any NEW ones to be had,but if so they are highly
collectable.

I think they are made off the 1893 Marlin rifle !

I traded many pistols and cash to get mine,just to have something to leave my two Grandsons!

It's a lever action 2&1/2 .410 shotgun!

It's just how bad you want it!
Bob
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone see any of these sell lately?  If so what did it go for?  I have one I am ready to put an offer on.  It is in excellent condition with only some blueing wear.  I know it is worth over a thousand but the asking price of two grand is too much.  It is the long barrel with no checkering.

The shorter barrell is worth more.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
One last thing to add If it has not been refinished and is totaly like new blueing then it probably is going to bring 2gs.
Mine is really nice but no where is it blued(it's all a nice old patina)!  If you want a shooter look for one like mine,and you
can find them for around 900.00.   If you bought one that nice you would just have a safe Queen.

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top