Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 9:34:35 AM EDT
Browning Lightning BLR in .243 is anyone familiar with one? Are they accurate? Any known problems?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I have one and have had it for over 15 years. It is an EXCELLENT rifle! I get bolt action accuracy out of a lever action. You will love it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if its a lightning or not but my best friend has a .243 BLR. I've tried for years to buy that rifle off of him and he wont sell.
He had a problem with the "gears" being out of sync when it was brand new but it was fixed under warranty and he's had no problems since.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not sure if its a lightning or not but my best friend has a .243 BLR. I've tried for years to buy that rifle off of him and he wont sell.
He had a problem with the "gears" being out of sync when it was brand new but it was fixed under warranty and he's had no problems since.

Oh man those gears can be a pain in the butt when taking those apart.  I've had a few apart for trigger jobs and while they are accurate and good shooting, taking them apart is just a chore.  Field stripping simply does not exist with those babies.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I want one in .260 soooo bad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#5]
My Dad had one in .308 years ago.  It was the older model with a straight stock and barrel band, it was a great looking gun but it was not very accurate.  Like Ruger Mini 30 accurate

I hear the BLRs with a pistol grip stock are more accurate than the older models.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top