Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:34:48 PM EDT
So I'm torn as to what I should buy.  This is what I'm toying with:

- AR15 upper - I've got 4 complete ARs and two complete lowers.  Wanting to go with either an LMT or BCM upper when available.

-5.56 ammo - I've got about 15K already.  Good on mags. I'm just concerned about current and future ammo prices.

-7.62x39 ammo - Have two AKs but only about 4K of ammo. Good on mags

A common response I've seen to these types of questions is to buy reloading equipment.  Eventually I plan on purchasing the equipment but for right now this is what I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
id say you are good on ammo for now, especially if you are going to reload (that would have been my vote)

but what are your AR configurations right now?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
how 'bout a chimpanzee..you could train him to clean all your guns.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You are good on ammo, get the upper.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Is your 15k of 5.56 brass cased reloadable? If so, then just saved the casings so you can reload them once you get the equipment to do so.

With current prices of 5.56 i'd go for the AR15 upper over ammo. If you look you can get a good deal on one, and an even better deal on a used one if that doesnt bother you off the EE.

AK ammo, namely WOLF is like $20 cheaper than wolf 5.56 per thousand now too.

Makes more sense to finish another rifle, especially you plan to get into reloading.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]
miltype 556 ammo.
You have enough guns
big through and throughs from 762. whoopee

I remember when you built an entire AR for about 600 buxes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Is your 7.62x39 brass cased or steel? If steel I would pick up 1000 rounds of brass case ammo for reloading later down the line. Put the rest of the money towards a upper.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
AR Lowers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top