Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2009 7:13:05 AM EDT
I was watching this last night on the Military Channel and I'm trying to find out what type of rifle it was that the Irish Defense Force was using. My search-fu is weak and I havn't been able to find a pic. It did have a twisted barrel if that helps. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm in the beginning they showed the weapons with the teams, and im not sure but I thought it was a TIKA of some sort...but again, not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I watched a bunch of that as well. I like how the SWAT boys kicked everyones ass on the helicoptor to ground shoot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Sako TRG wasn't it?  I have one in .338 LM and while it is INCREDIBLY expensive to feed it - it's good for 1000 yard shots all day long.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking TRG-42, as well. Or was that the Danish guys?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
i was surprised that only one team, the Army Rangers, was able to hit the 700m target twice on the first and second shot.  no one else hit it twice, and a lot of the teams didnt hit it at all.  I think the Marine team hit it once.  i saw a lot of AR10s, and various bolt .308s.  all those guns were so awesome though, and many had suppressors too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
What a great series.  Watched again last night on the Military channel.  Only one team hit the tennis ball - everyone else played it safe.

There is some truly remarkable equipment being used by some INCREDIBLY talented marksmen.  

I need to get my TRG out, I've been inspired.  (have to try that tennis ball shot)

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info fellas
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The Army had KAC SR-25s which aren't really AR10s, but close. They are also about 10x more expensive if you can find one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#9]
That is a sweet long range gun.  Why is the .338 Lapua round so expensive? Supply? Demand?

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
What was the rifle used by the winning USAMU team?  Really interesting and clearly AMU-built custom, but can anyone ID the base gun or receiver?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm pretty sure the Irish were using AI in .338.

Edit- looks like they also brought their AUGs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was watching this last night on the Military Channel and I'm trying to find out what type of rifle it was that the Irish Defense Force was using. My search-fu is weak and I havn't been able to find a pic. It did have a twisted barrel if that helps. Thanks

AI 92 Sniper Rifle for the primary and Steyr AUG 'special receiver' for the secondary.  Both running Schmidt and Bender glass.  They kicked arse with the Barret fifties, even though they do not generally field any .50 rifle.

Happy are you now, lad?  Buy me a Guinness, and I'll tell you everything ya need to know about Rugby and how my people stomped the Legionnaires in a recent match.  Now, where is that third pint you owe me?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What a great series.  Watched again last night on the Military channel.  Only one team hit the tennis ball - everyone else played it safe.

There is some truly remarkable equipment being used by some INCREDIBLY talented marksmen.  

I need to get my TRG out, I've been inspired.  (have to try that tennis ball shot)

Yes it is amazing  how good one can become with world class trainer's & plenty time for training & money
for the best weapons money can buy are at your fingertips.:) But you have to want it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top