Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2009 1:07:22 PM EDT
I have a borbro bipod that I would like to attach to a hunting/target rifle that has a sling stud on the forend.  Instead of buying a new bipod, I'd like to be able to use the borbro on my AR and move it to my hunting rifle, mainly for sighting in and the range.

The only solution I've found is this CAA rail.  Does anyone have experience with this product or any other suggestions other than buying a harris bipod?

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=121&cID=65&c=25041

Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't see anything on the larue site, is that why there's no replies?

Link Posted: 3/5/2009 5:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]
anyone drill into their stock to attach rails?  Would the stock hold the threads?  Will that eventually wear out?
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got the CAA rail on order.  Haven't received it yet.  I'll post again with opinions on how effective it is.
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
where did you order it from?  I think I'll pick one up and try it out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The CAA adapter didn't work well at all. The supplied bolt was a machine type thread rather than a wood screw type thread. That meant I couldn't thread the adapter through the sling stud hole properly or thread my sling stud into the adapter. I ended up drilling a small hole in my stock and attaching the adapter in front of the swivel stud.

I went to the range and it worked....for a while. After about 20 rounds the adapter came loose and when I took a look it had cracked the stock about 1". The stock is plastic so I think the damage is just superficial. I took off the adapter and am wishing I had my money back for the CAA adapter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top