Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:03:59 PM EDT
I come across these things occasionally. They look like good guns. I dont really like the looks of the mac-10 or uzi's. So any comments?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i want one

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]

I've hard that they can be kinda finicky when it comes to ammo and that their accuracy sucks. I've got no first-hand experience though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have owned an AB-10 and a TEC-9. Both were very reliable in my opinion. I can't recall any failures that were not mag related. I discovered that the tec-9 mags were based off of the Suomi smg. mags(long story). I modified Suomi mags to fit and there were no problems at all after that. Kind of a cool gun for the "gangsta gat" collection. $350-$450 would be the max. I would pay for one in good condition and a legit history. If your are looking for precision machining and top quality you better look for something else! In general they're a part of American "assault weapons" history and "the gun that made the '80's roar"!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an AB10 which runs perfect. I wish I could find a Tec9 upper for it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:21:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one I used as a skunk gun when I was in the tractor working the field.  Mine ran very well and the accuracy wasn't bad either, especially if you pressed it out against the sling.  That trick works wonders to stabilize weapons of this sort.  However, I got rid of it because it has what I see as a pretty nasty safety problem.  I heard rumors that they could fire out of battery so I decided to test that story.  I put a primed case into the chamber and let the bolt grab hold of it, retracted the bolt a little so the brass was visible, pressed the trigger and sure enough, I got a "snap" of the primer going off!  While I never had an out of battery firing with live ammo during actual firing, I wasn't comfortable firing it any more so I got rid of it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#6]

i bought one because i found it for cheap, and got rid of it because it wasn't even worth the "deal" i got on it.

it lived up to every story you've ever heard about those things being unreliable POS's. not to mention the fact that "pistol" versions of sub-guns are basically useless novelty guns...

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm working on a carbine conversion kit for Tec-9s that utilize a 16" barrel and any CAR or M4 butt stock. Be a few months before I can make progress. Have some issues to work out with the barrel. Sort of a poor man's MP5. Might even do a .45 GAP version as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top