Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2008 5:51:27 AM EDT
Just wondering what you thought of them.
Any input would be great.
Thanks for your help!

www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=308A1295&storeid=1&image=r308m07.gif&CFID=7381412&CFTOKEN=13491961
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:04:43 AM EDT
[#1]
They haven't been released yet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been away for a couple of years but wasn't the rumor back then that RRA developed this thing, sold it to Bushmaster, who sold a few (I remember some folks posting about it) and had some problems (bolt related, feeding, etc) and now it's back with RRA?
Armalite makes a pretty compelling case for not using an FAL mag in an AR platform in other posts.

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just wondering what you thought of them.
Any input would be great.
Thanks for your help!

They have a forum thread for this topic in the RR forum.  Don't ask about release dates or make mention of the 2+ year delay in it's release.  You would probably be wise to go with an Armalite AR-10.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I couldn't wait any longer...

I luv my new Armalite AR10!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I couldn't wait any longer...

I luv my new Armalite AR10!!

The LAR-8 check is still in the mail...
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep away from this gun...No AR will ever work properly with center feed FAL mags. Read about it on Armalites web/industry page...

While there might have been some changes, this is/was the same rifle, designed by the same people/company that Bushmaster sold a few years ago....and we all know how that worked out.

So long as this gun uses FAL magazines it will suck.

Buy a DPMS or Armalite, if you like spending money...
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Keep away from this gun...No AR will ever work properly with center feed FAL mags. Read about it on Armalites web/industry page...

While there might have been some changes, this is/was the same rifle, designed by the same people/company that Bushmaster sold a few years ago....and we all know how that worked out.

So long as this gun uses FAL magazines it will suck.

Buy a DPMS or Armalite, if you like spending money...

If you want to stick with a AR platform don't forget about the new POF 308 and the one from LWRC. If you want something that uses FAL mags, buy a FAL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top