Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2007 8:35:43 AM EDT
I used the Contact Form several weeks ago to ask them a question.  This was the answer I received:

Thanks for contacting Remington Country.  Thank you for your interest in Remington!  At this time we are unable to provide information regarding 2008 new products or future development due to competitive reasons. Normally this type of proprietary information is kept secret until the product line is approved for the upcoming year. We usually announce new product information in middle to late December after our annual sales meeting.

Anyone at least know when their annual sales mtg is gonna be this year?

What about at least give me a firm "No" on something I'm 99% sure they're not gonna do?

If you'd rather do this offline, might I suggest site email?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#1]
~6 month BTT
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll bite.

What question is it that you asked?

I think their statement pretty much says it all.  They are not going to tell Joe Blow on the street anything about future projects or upcoming products that haven't been publicly released.  Any thinking contrary to that on your part is ignorance.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
E.A.A. used to import for Baikal.

Now, Remington is the [sole?] importer for Baikal, but they are only importing from Baikal's shotgun line-up.

So, either they do not have the import license/contract for the entire line, or they do, but are just sitting on the pistol line.

That's all I was trying to find out, at a minimum.

I did go on to ask that if they *did* have the sole import license/contract, did they have any plans (however tentative) to import anything from the pistol line.

But those were two separate questions.

It's not the main part of my job by any stretch, but I do occasionally deal in competitive intelligence, so I wasn't expecting them to send me hard copies of their strategic planning documents or anything.

But it's sometimes interesting what some companies will tell those who ask (so I did).

I had a couple of questions, and knew it couldn't hurt to ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top