Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:17 AM EDT
I SHOULD have mentioned this before, and it might have saved all the uproar I caused, though I must say I learned QUIET a bit.

I HAVE plenty of spent .50 brass that I save from my random affairs with my friends AR50. When we have the time we take the 2 hour something drive to Buffalo Rock and have some plinking fun. I save all the brass I shoot. It dawned on me JUST now that I could pull the bullet from the Live round I have and reset it on the expended brass! BUT I haven't the press or the bullet puller to do so.

Whats involved in resetting the bullet? A friend of mine reloads but only in .357 i believe. I'm unsure of what tools he has. I'd have to ask him,  but he hasn't had experience with bullets this large. Take it to a gunsmith? Buy the appropriate bullet puller? I wait for your answers! :)
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never pulled that big of a bullet.  A lot of people just put the brass in a press and grab the bullet with a pair of pliers.  A lot of presses just won't deal with a 50 bmg though.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I SHOULD have mentioned this before, and it might have saved all the uproar I caused, though I must say I learned QUIET a bit.

I HAVE plenty of spent .50 brass that I save from my random affairs with my friends AR50. When we have the time we take the 2 hour something drive to Buffalo Rock and have some plinking fun. I save all the brass I shoot. It dawned on me JUST now that I could pull the bullet from the Live round I have and reset it on the expended brass! BUT I haven't the press or the bullet puller to do so.

Whats involved in resetting the bullet? A friend of mine reloads but only in .357 i believe. I'm unsure of what tools he has. I'd have to ask him,  but he hasn't had experience with bullets this large. Take it to a gunsmith? Buy the appropriate bullet puller? I wait for your answers! :)
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Will the neck size of the spent round hold the bullet?  I would imagine some epoxy or superglue would hold it if you can't swage it into place.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Will the neck size of the spent round hold the bullet?  I would imagine some epoxy or superglue would hold it if you can't swage it into place.

Not real well, it will be loose

To pull the bullet get a kinetic puller, get a puller for a press or just order a few bullets and make your dummy rounds vs pulling good rounds.

I would find a friend with a 50 press- It will be a lot easier
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top