Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2007 4:05:59 PM EDT
Anybody know the trigger pull on the Vector Uzi and/or the trigger pull on a Bobcat MP5 clone?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
nobody?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never shot a semi uzi, but have finger fawked one at a shop. the trigger feels ok, by no means an AR combat trigger. I dont know if it can be cleaned up though.

the HK trigger is long and kind of heavy, its what you would expect from a combat weapon, not a match weapon. an HK trigger CAN be cleaned up to a nice #4-ish pull with overtravel and take up removed.

Bill Springfield does this work, whatnow on ar15, if memory serves its only like $50. Williams trigger specialties also does HK trigger work, but I have no personal experience with them.

hope this helps a little.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks, good to know about the trigger work
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a gauge, but the trigger on my BW is nice.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody own both?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
If you get the HK type gun the trigger can be slicked up enormously by gunsmiths like Bill Springfield. Not alot you can do on an Uzi. Trigger on Uzi is kinda creepy and relatively long reset. Smoothed up HK trigger beats the Uzi trigger hands down.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
sounds like all i need to hear, thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Can I ask why you are asking?

The UZI is not like an AR-15, but people don't put an UZI on sandbags and shoot at chipmunks at 200-300 yards either

I have three UZIs, one SMG and a Full Sized and Mini SBR, and while I would like to get an MP5 clone some day I really do like the UZI.  For off hand shooting, this is more the accurate enough and having a better trigger really would not make it a better weapon system IMHO.

I demand a good trigger in my AR target rifles, my FALs, my Bolt Guns...  in a SMG or semiauto clone of a SMG, a light crisp trigger is just a lower priority for me.

I really love my Mini UZI SBR fwiw!  Good Luck!  I do not own an MP5 clone and while I have shot one I did not have my UZI with me at the same time to really do a fair comparison.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#9]
i was looking for a pure fun gun, a light trigger would mean easier/faster shots, plus i am getting to be pretty good at semi-accurate shoulder bumpfiring, i figured a light trigger on one of these with a k-grip would be fun. I am definitely not looking for a tack-driver.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#10]
But i am on the fence on whether i should just try and go class III, i hear its damn near impossible to get a signature in Vermont tho....
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
But i am on the fence on whether i should just try and go class III, i hear its damn near impossible to get a signature in Vermont tho....

I would form a trust regardless how easy it is to get the signature!  I did the Corp route and I am tired of all the taxes and paperwork for thetiny amount of money I make at my play jobs.

I am real close to forming a trust and just getting rid of my Corp so I don't need to keep doing all the paperwork.  Problem is, I will have a huge tax bill to move all my NFA stuff from the Corp to the Turst (oh est $1600 in taxes to do the Form 4 to Form 4 transfer).

The advantage with a Corp or Trust, no signatures and it ie easier for multiple people to use/share the guns.  Also makes transfering them to the next generation easier as my kids can just take over the Corp (or trust).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top