BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
mmmmm....AUG goodness......

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice AUG, I have one as well and just picked up a STG 556!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought these were pictures of Steyr Aug.

Is he free yet?

B_S
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll take it for the price you have listed!

Is this the EE?

Ooops.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The only thing I didn't LOVE was the sight picture.

didn't like the donut.
Other than that,  it was a great rifle !

This pic is about 10 years old....

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Steyr AUG-Z with my recently deceased best buddy.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought these were pictures of Steyr Aug.

Is he free yet?

B_S

That's what I was looking for
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]
AUG A1 with 9x19 kit.  The factory sling came in pieces, haven't figured out how it goes together yet.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The factory sling came in pieces, haven't figured out how it goes together yet.

To install your original factory sling, first insert the flat end of the sling thru the rear sling swivel, then insert it at the other end of the sling with the metal loop, next is install the buckle and locate it about the middle of the sling web, then insert the flat end in the front sling swivel and back to the buckle and then lock the locking lever of the buckle.

Take a look at the original poster's pictures for reference.

My Steyr AUG A1 which I bought back in '89
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To install your original factory sling, first insert the flat end of the sling thru the rear sling swivel, then insert it at the other end of the sling with the metal loop, next is install the buckle and locate it about the middle of the sling web, then insert the flat end in the front sling swivel and back to the buckle and then lock the locking lever of the buckle.

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Alpha-Romeo3/Hunting/SteyrAUG-A1-LHmags-1.jpg

Man, 1989 huh? What was it like $900.00?   Talk about a return on your investment.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Alpha-Romeo3/Hunting/SteyrAUG-A1-LHmags-1.jpg

Man, 1989 huh? What was it like $900.00?   Talk about a return on your investment.

Yes, back in '89 I bought two AUG, this 20" and a 16" both with green stocks for a couple of hundred more than what you said for each, remember that everybody at that time in late '89 were rushing to buy the pre import ban rifles that's why the prices were higher.

That same year I also bought a few more weapons that were about to be banned from importation which are Galil AR carbine, three PolyTech AKs, PolyTech SKS, HK94A3 9mm carbine, UZI .45 with factory 9mm conversion kit carbine (in factory hard plastic case) and a Benelli M1 Super 90 auto shotgun.

I still have all of them except for the HK94 which I sold during the AWB for a good profit.

Luckily all of them made a good amount of return in my investment if I'm going to sell them now, but I won't sell, I'm trying to buy more.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[

Thanks but mine doesn't look like that.  I bought my gun new but not in box.  It came with the canvas web sling which is stamped 40/1986.  Maybe it isn't even an AUG sling but something the previous owner tossed in the box?

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks but mine doesn't look like that.  I bought my gun new but not in box.  It came with the canvas web sling which is stamped 40/1986.  Maybe it isn't even an AUG sling but something the previous owner tossed in the box?

www.hunt101.com/img/521269.jpg

The original Steyr AUG slings look like the original poster's first three pics.

Yours is I'm taking a wild guess might be a three point sling which I used to have on my former HK94 carbine.

I'm not sure who sells original AUG slings now but maybe you could post a WTB ad at sturmgewehr.com or at other gun sites.

If you can't find any original AUG sling I'm currently using Blue Force Gear Vickers VCAS two point sling on my AUG which I'm very satisfied with because the length adjustment could be done very quickly, plus the fastex buckle could be opened to quickly separate the sling to remove the weapon from your body.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top