Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:08:09 AM EDT
Why is this picture so bad that when someone posts it everyone jumps all over the poster about finger control.  Its the first thing everyone points out.

But when someone posts a pictures like this (I have seen hundreds) with an object jammed into the trigger gaurd actually holding the gun up by the trigger, no one says anything?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quite simple really, the second picture does not have one of those awful assault guitars " the flames make it more dangerous" in it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Pic #2 isn't going to kill the camera man.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That old school Hydrashok will fail to properly expand, so no worries.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Because it is one of the basic rules of firearms safety.  Not putting a highliter inside the trigger gaurd unless you are prepared to fire is not.

DUH.

Maybe you should get some firearms safety training then you wouldn't have to ask.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#5]
HO-LEE SHIT!!!!! I just shot a hole through my monitor....good thing I had a spare!!! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#6]
1.  How do we know there is a 'camera man' for the first pic?  Dude could easily take a pic like that by himself.

2.  Original question is valid.  You are to assume every gun is loaded, a round chambered, and the hammer is back when handling it.  What difference does it make if you're sticking your finger inside the trigger guard, or sticking a highligher/pen/flashlight/stick/whatever in there?  I have a couple guns that could easily be fired through carelessness when setting up a photo like the second one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Because 99.5 percent of the gun toting population are overly jumpy, paranoid, anal retentive, they know best mother fukers.

I'm not saying I'm in .5 percent though.

Know learn some trigger discipline, ya bastage!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ding..Ding...Ding...

Even if the camera is on a timer, he is a moron for putting this finer on the trigger of a firearm he is not ready to shoot. Pictures are posted a few times a year around here of people that have NDs and end up shooting themselves, who knows how many go unreported.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#9]
But he has a sight picture, and thus knows where the gun will go off. Maybe that direction is safe, camera on a tripod and timer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
But he has a sight picture, and thus knows where the gun will go off. Maybe that direction is safe, camera on a tripod and timer.

"Maybe that direction is safe"?

Looks like he is in a house or apartment.  I guess it could be a safe direction if he lived in the middle of nowhere but I would guess he can't see through that wall to see if anyone is on the other side.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#11]
What's it matter......... first off he didn't blink is left eye so he can't see shit!!!!  and second off it's a 45.  We all know they can't kill anything.

Where's my 9mm????  Oh, there is it.........next to my bowl of chili with BEANS in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why is this picture so bad that when someone posts it everyone jumps all over the poster about finger control.  Its the first thing everyone points out.

Neither of the pictures are bad. Posters just want to show the world how safe they are by nitpicking stupid shit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither of the pictures are bad. Posters just want to show the world how safe they are by nitpicking stupid shit.

+1

I hope the nitpickers never look at WW II combat pics.  Almost all of the GIs have their finger on the trigger while not acually shooting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:34:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
HO-LEE SHIT!!!!! I just shot a hole through my monitor....good thing I had a spare!!! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll tell you the truth about why the first picture and those like it get bashed so hard.

Everyone wants to display just how safe they are, and they do this by pointing out how unsafe somebody else is being, or how unsafe they appear to be.

I could take a nearly identical picture, in my apartment, in absolute safety.  I have a tripod and a camera.  I live alone.  From my living room to the back bedroom there are two interior walls, followed by a brick exterior wall.  Or, I could set the camera up in front of one of the 18x18 oak support beams.

Of course, all the arguments would go away if I did intentionally fire and destroy the camera, in which case I followed all the rules!  

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#17]
At lest there isn't a round in the chamber...
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A shiny nickel says it is a timer on the camera.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Ban him for owning a USP.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like he is in a house or apartment.  I guess it could be a safe direction if he lived in the middle of nowhere but I would guess he can't see through that wall to see if anyone is on the other side.

I take it then you never dry fire? Firearms are machines. In order to fire a projectile, a round needs to be present in the chamber. If there is no magazine in the magazine well and you visually/physically inspect the chamber, the weapon is safe. PERIOD.

However, I would never take/post a picture such as pic #1.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ban him for owning a USP.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't think anyone mentioned it, and I may have missed it, but is it just me or does it look like that IS a round in the chamber??
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I don't think anyone mentioned it, and I may have missed it, but is it just me or does it look like that IS a round in the chamber??

I mentioned it on page one.  Looks like a hydrashok to me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#24]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Ah, thanks.  Yeah I just missed that.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.armyofjuan.us/photos/nocarjacking.jpg

But when someone posts a pictures like this (I have seen hundreds) with an object jammed into the trigger gaurd actually holding the gun up by the trigger, no one says anything?
i155.photobucket.com/albums/s306/amill94/usp1.jpg

I don't think the issue with the first pic is so much about finger control as it is about "immaturity" control.   Pics like that aren't "bad ass" or "cool" in any way and certainly don't impress.  If anything they show that the one taking the picture watches too many John Woo films and has a complete disregard for safety.  It also potentially gives antis fodder saying gun owners have "Rambo fantasies" etc.

Well, thank you for your opinion.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And THAT would be the only issue I would have with it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you saying nobody is safely capable of putting their finger on the trigger for a photo op?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you saying nobody is safely capable of putting their finger on the trigger for a photo op?

I am saying that, doing it with a round chambered is stupid and childish.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it then you never dry fire? Firearms are machines. In order to fire a projectile, a round needs to be present in the chamber. If there is no magazine in the magazine well and you visually/physically inspect the chamber, the weapon is safe. PERIOD.

However, I would never take/post a picture such as pic #1.

What does dry fire have to do with any of this?  We're talking about the first picture posted in this thread where there is a guy posing for a picture with a loaded pistol and his finger on the trigger.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am saying that, doing it with a round chambered is stupid and childish.

Well, thank you for your opinion.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#31]
OK I'll make this simple for those of you with little experience or common sense

Guns do not go without a reason, or because they want to

you have to do somethings like LOAD a round, AND SQEEZE the Trigger

That said taking a loaded gun and pointing it at anything in your house or anyone else's house is &*!$&#@ STUPID

An old roommate got back from deer hunting one night pointed his 30-06 at the wall and pulled the trigger BOOM
the bullet went thru 3 walls, a mantle, and a door jam before leaving the house

Firearms are not toys, there is a level of responsability and respect that come with handling a weapon even when it is not loaded

This picture illistrates exactly what not to do and is an accident waiting to happen I do not care how smart or safe you think you are
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I was more pointing that in both instances there is an object engaging the trigger.  But one way (the second picture) seems acceptable to most people.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I always thought those like picture 1 are stupid because you look like a complete and insufferable tool posing for the camera like that.  

I put them in the same category of pictures of guys sticking airsoft USPs in their waist bands while shirtless and pointing a tattoo of "Only God Can Judge Me" on their chests.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top