Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 7:43:23 PM EDT
A buddy has a Keltec sub2k for sale.  I want to buy it but he somehow doesn't know/remember what model it is (they made different models based on what pistol magazines they take).  He's not a pistol guy so he can't compare it to any known handguns he owns.  He knows it's 9mm, so it's either Glock 19, Glock 17, S&W, Beretta 92, or Sig 226.  There's NO INDICATION ON THE GUN OR IN THE MODEL NUMBER for which magazines it takes, which is REALLY STUPID if you ask me.  

Yes, he could (1) find buddies with these pistols and try to swap them in and see what fits or (2) bring it to a gun shop or (3) look at a magazine and try to compare it to pictures online, etc...

Anyway my question is- does anyone know a real easy way to look at a Sub-2000 and determine which magazine it's for without having to resort to the above?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The easiest way is to take a picture of the magazine and post it here on Ar-15.com.  You will probably get an instant answer as to what type of magazine it is and ergo you will know what type of magazine that Sub 2000 rifle takes.  By the way, the SUB 2000 rifle is a SMOKING good deal, it is VERY reliable and accurate.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out this guy's thread about the sub 2000

oops
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A buddy has a Keltec sub2k for sale.  I want to buy it but he somehow doesn't know/remember what model it is (they made different models based on what pistol magazines they take).  He's not a pistol guy so he can't compare it to any known handguns he owns.  He knows it's 9mm, so it's either Glock 19, Glock 17, S&W, Beretta 92, or Sig 226.  There's NO INDICATION ON THE GUN OR IN THE MODEL NUMBER for which magazines it takes, which is REALLY STUPID if you ask me.  

Yes, he could (1) find buddies with these pistols and try to swap them in and see what fits or (2) bring it to a gun shop or (3) look at a magazine and try to compare it to pictures online, etc...

Anyway my question is- does anyone know a real easy way to look at a Sub-2000 and determine which magazine it's for without having to resort to the above?

btw...

you can switch the magazine type by calling keltec and getting the mag catch and spring for the type of magazine you want to use... you can switch between the beretta, sig, and s&w type of mag catches.  The glock version is the only one with a different shaped reciever so you can't switch it out.  call keltec for the mag catch and spring it should cost a grant total of $2.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew (and forgot) that you could switch the catch out, but you can't go from Glock to the others and that's what I'm interested in.

So I guess the quick answer is "NO" there's no way to tell by looking at it (I was hoping there was a code stamped inside the housing or something...

Oh well, I guess I'll have to travel around with a Glock mag to test in any keltec I run across :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top