Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2006 5:44:12 PM EDT
I am wondering what would be the safest way if I am interested in a rifle and was working on a deal to trade for one of my rifles + cash?

I mean if I send my rifle and money to the seller and he decides to not bother to send back the gun traded for or some other BS comes up?

How did you guys do it who have done such things before?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The only way to do a trade is Face to Face.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The only way to do a trade is Face to Face.

+1
When making a trade on anything, "eyes on & hands on". IMHO
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#3]
So if you buy something out of state, you guys drive across the country to do it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I've done some swaps, but a lot of factors went into that (besides pics) like EE Feedback, board posts, how they act in my correspondence.  I don't deal with non AR15 members.

EDITED: Have not had any problems trading on this board.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I've bought and sold before through AR15, and gunbroker without any problems, but never traded. That's my dilemma.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Best way is to meet up at a truck stop in Texas at 2 in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I've traded with guy's on discussion boards. I check if they've been a member for a long time, read some of there posts ect. I've had very good luck, both parties happy. I just swapped 2- 10/22 mag Rugers for a nice AR, went real real well.

I may be old fashioned but still believe 99% of the people that give their word are honest. Just make sure both parties are honest in discription/condtion of the products before hand. Some folk's are very criticle on small scratches,flaws ect.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#8]
My main rule when dealing on sight unseen is 'never send more than you can afford to lose.'  You just don't know.  I have always had real good luck, but many have not.

Doc
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Ive had good luck so far in trading online. My buddy hasnt though, traded his savage 10fp tricked out for what he thought would be a springfield sar8 which turned out to be a cetme The guy disappeared and left my buddy with the shit rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top